Author Topic: Berberine  (Read 532 times)

Judie P

Berberine
« on: January 04, 2019, 12:29:45 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of this supplement and tried it?  What was your results?
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Berberine
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:14:17 PM »
I use it to help with my blood sugars.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Judie P

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 02:30:26 PM »
Thanks, Joe, and Happy New Year!  My friend moved in August and lives in Sparks, NV, and her new doctor told her about this supplement for blood sugar levels.  It also seems to have some anti-inflammatory properties as well.  My friend has sarcoidosis.  We team up with each other on supplements, etc.
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 06:30:36 AM »
Dear Sjogren's Angels,

I learn so much from this forum.  I had never heard of Berberine.

Now I am tempted to try Berberine after reading your posts.

Because I already take several supplements, however, I'm not sure I should add another!

I understand that Berberine has some of the same effects as Metformin. And that Metformin is sometimes prescribed to stabilize blood sugar, to help with carbohydrate cravings.

My son's physician is helping him with weight loss and prescribed Metformin. My son experienced dramatic changes in his appetite 'surges', especially late in the day.

And of course I'm always looking for anti-inflammatory effects, since inflammation causes me lots of pain in my joints.

Berberine is something to think about, for sure.

Thanks, Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »
I have a glycemic balance pill I take 2x per day and the Berberine I take once. The glycemic balance contains berberine.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

jkcc2323

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 10:15:25 AM »
Dear Sjogren's Angels,

I learn so much from this forum.  I had never heard of Berberine.

Now I am tempted to try Berberine after reading your posts.

Because I already take several supplements, however, I'm not sure I should add another!

I understand that Berberine has some of the same effects as Metformin. And that Metformin is sometimes prescribed to stabilize blood sugar, to help with carbohydrate cravings.

My son's physician is helping him with weight loss and prescribed Metformin. My son experienced dramatic changes in his appetite 'surges', especially late in the day.

And of course I'm always looking for anti-inflammatory effects, since inflammation causes me lots of pain in my joints.

Berberine is something to think about, for sure.

Thanks, Elaine
For the inflammation support, have you also considered turmeric? Just another idea that you may be able to check with your doctor about at your next visit.

Deb 27

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 12:16:44 PM »
Are you going to try it Judy?? I'd like to know how well it works. Happy New Year, BTW!
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.