Author Topic: 2019 - Juggling Life Club  (Read 662 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: 2019 - Juggling Life Club
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 10:15:39 PM »
I have been working since last year on a queen size quilt for my son and daughter in law. He wanted the top to be lime green, and the back to be a medium blue with the fabric on the back fleece. Then it will have the usual batting in the middle. It is very thick and I am doing the impossible task of machine quilting it on a home machine that has a very small area under the arm. It's so heavy that it has taken me forever with all my setbacks in life.

It is now coming along well, and I am still working on it, but hoping to get some major quilting done in the nexmyt few days. He wants the back blue fleece turned over onto the edges of the front lime green cotton. It does look pretty.

The top I cut up in 10"squares and then sewed together in rows. The backing fleece wasn't wide enough without cutting it and attaching back.

I also bought a fabric license plate that looks like one on a car with our state name on it and a little saying. Then I will add the details of who made it and for who.

Wish me luck on getting it finished soon. It will be my quilt for him and her while I am still here to do it. They do a lot of camping.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 06:57:45 PM »
Susanep, your quilt sounds pretty.  I've never made a quilt myself, but I know it takes a lot of time to make one.

The quilt will be a nice keepsake for your son & daughter-in-law.  In my opinion, handmade gifts are the best!

I have an afghan that a neighbor made for me when I graduated from high school - it's 44 yrs. old and I still use it every night on my bed.

Good luck as you finish up the quilt - a quilt made with love.   :D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Carebear

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 07:18:49 PM »
Susan,  your quilt sounds beautiful!  I'm so happy to hear you've gotten back to quilting,  which I know you enjoy doing very much.  Your son is lucky to have such a talented mom.

I finally finished drywalling the two tiny walls under the stairs.  I think completing a small area takes more time than a much larger one.  Professional it is not!  Did I say it was finished?  Well not quite.  I finished one coat of mud on the seams,  and now I'm cleaning things up until after Easter.   But the end is indeed in sight.  I'm stringing up 100 feet of tiny lights under the steps to give the feel of twinkling stars.

Bucky, your relief is palpable.   I'm sure you will be wanting to keep your young lad nearby for some time now.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis