Author Topic: Food constraints for sjogren patients?  (Read 621 times)

happylife

Food constraints for sjogren patients?
« on: November 25, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »
Hi

Within 6 months of developing sjogren I developed gluten intolerance. So now I cannot have gluten ( I mainly react to wheat)

But I am able to have all other food.

Others please share if you are having to cut down other types of food due to sjogren?

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Food constraints for sjogren patients?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 10:05:26 PM »
My food allergies were pork and oranges. I thought maybe beef, lettuce, and Bread but those turned out be additive (preservative) allergies. The food and other allergies seems typical of auto immune diseases.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 06:20:08 AM »
I haven't had any new food sensitivities since developing my Immune Disorder. 

I've always been allergic to any sheep/lamb products.

I tested negative for Celiac's Disease, on routine testing by my neurologist, when he was looking for possible causes of the profound neuropathy in my legs.

I did have a period a year ago, when I thought I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and  a wide range of foods triggered strong reactions in my bowel.  I was able to control a great deal of my misery by following the FODMAP program of food elimination at that time.

However, it developed that what I had (have?) is Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) caused by the newly developed neuropathy in my Small Bowel.  Bacteria that should be moved by the small bowel into my large bowel, remain in the small bowel because my small bowel doesn't work properly.

When the bacterial in my small bowel then grow, this causes pain, bloating, diarrhea, etc. which are triggered by interaction with many foods. 

I took a round of antibiotics that killed the bacteria, and then I could eat all foods without any problem.

Of course, it will be a matter of time before the bacteria begin to increase in my small intestine, and the problem develops again.

But I have a remedy now, and will be aware of what is going on.

I do know that many people find that an anti-inflammatory diet improves their lives.

Regards, Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Deb 27

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 09:05:19 AM »
I also have RA and found that if I eat less gluten, joint pain goes away.  I also had food allergies to wheat, yeast, soy, and too many others to remember right now.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

Sharon

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 12:30:27 PM »
I developed sensitivities to gluten, dairy, soy, potatoes, tomatoes and sugar just increases the general inflammation.
I'm also sensitive to preservatives in food.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...