Author Topic: POLL - URGENT : Sjogren : fatigue and joints pain prevalence  (Read 843 times)

SjoGirl

Re: POLL - URGENT : Sjogren : fatigue and joints pain prevalence
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 12:33:19 PM »
Like others I have more than one form of arthritis, in fact, I have three. So, I would take care with showing a doctor a simple poll of this group as many of us have more complicated situations than might seem to be the case. FYI I don't mean to scold, just take care as some docs get pretty annoyed when you compare yourself to others.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »
Just to let you know that the joint pain with the hashimotos is really miserable and it is hard too distinguish from other autoimmune things. The only way I found out it was from thyroid was that I was due for my thyroid blood work and my TSH was 14.8. I had an increase in my thyroid med and in 2 weeks or so met joint pain was little or nothing. So, yes,m it is true that other autoimmune diseases can cause the pain also.

Be aware that it is hard to diagnose Sjogrens and docs do't do it easily. One of the reasons is they could be wrong. If you get nailed with an autoimmune disease and don't have it there could be repercussions with health insurance. Sometimes our rates can raise for strange reasons. Docs are usually careful about nailing people with a diagnosis that could come back to haunt them. Also, I don't know if you had any positive blood work or not. Plus there are other autoimmune diseases that have dryness as a sign. Isee you put down gluten intolerance. Have you had testing to see if you have Celiac disease which is autoimmune. My hubby had Celiac as does my youngest son and his oldest son was diagnosed when he was 5 years old or so.

Celiac patients had dryness ands they also have a lot of aching in there body. The good thing is that there are other doctors to see and there are needs to be treated with that don't require a specific diagnosis to get some relief. I will also tell yoyo that doctors hate being told what we think we have. I did that a few times and it ends up with being sent home with no help from the doc. Unfortunately not all docs are able to sit and discuss symptoms easily. I still suggest that you see immunologist. You cab run all over spending money and not find out a thing. Be sure to find out if the immunologist likes to deal with autoimmune diseases. Some immunologist like to specialize in allergies. Good luck. Irish

rapnzl

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 06:40:53 PM »
I have had dry eye/mouth for several years, becoming SIGNIFICANTLY worse in the last few months. Also, I notice new pain in joints I know are not arthritic and increased fatigue - again, for the last few months. I do not have a verified diagnosis of Sjogrens, but have suspected it for a long time. Must be something auto-immune, I have 3 other auto-immune conditions....why not? ::)

Plan to discuss with GP in next month, hoping I can avoid expensive rheumy, as I am under-insured. Sorry, TMI....but I did participate in the poll. I hope lack of verified diagnosis is not exclusionary.

May peace and comfort find you all.