Author Topic: Dictionary of diseases caused by sjogren?  (Read 225 times)

happylife

Dictionary of diseases caused by sjogren?
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:38:21 AM »
Please share any reliable source with link for this information

SunshineDaydream

Re: Dictionary of diseases caused by sjogren?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:58:24 AM »
Despite the link title, this is a pretty thorough publication.

http://www.painful-bladder.org/pbs_ic_ass_dis.html
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:31:22 PM »
Actually, I am a little confused by your question. Reason being, Sjogrens doesn't literally cause other diseases(the way I understand it). Sjogrens can affect ay of the secreting glands and this, in turn, can cause symptoms with names. The liver, stomach and Gastrointestinal tract can have many issues plus the joints, muscles, tendons, throat, lungs sinuses and eyes. I know I missed a few. Sjogrens is the main culprit or autoimmune disease and the other issues are resultant issues as a result of the Sjogrens. Sjogrens is an anti-inflammatory collagen disease that you can also use in doing research.

The other thing I was wondering is if you were thinking of Sjogrens causing other autoimmune diseases. At this time it is well known that autoimmune diseases run in packs. A person can have one disease and then develop another one later on. I started out many years ago with one disease, then another one and another and right now I have 5 autoimmune diseases diagnosed.

Now that I answered this 2 ways I would bet that I just plain missed the boat and didn't give your any help at all. Hope you get the answers you need. Irish

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:39:06 AM »
Dear Happylife,

This covers about everything:

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/sjogrens-syndrome-beyond-the-basics

Regards, Elaine
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

happylife

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 12:29:34 AM »
Actually, I am a little confused by your question. Reason being, Sjogrens doesn't literally cause other diseases(the way I understand it). Sjogrens can affect ay of the secreting glands and this, in turn, can cause symptoms with names. The liver, stomach and Gastrointestinal tract can have many issues plus the joints, muscles, tendons, throat, lungs sinuses and eyes. I know I missed a few. Sjogrens is the main culprit or autoimmune disease and the other issues are resultant issues as a result of the Sjogrens. Sjogrens is an anti-inflammatory collagen disease that you can also use in doing research.

The other thing I was wondering is if you were thinking of Sjogrens causing other autoimmune diseases. At this time it is well known that autoimmune diseases run in packs. A person can have one disease and then develop another one later on. I started out many years ago with one disease, then another one and another and right now I have 5 autoimmune diseases diagnosed.

Now that I answered this 2 ways I would bet that I just plain missed the boat and didn't give your any help at all. Hope you get the answers you need. Irish

Thanks to Sunshinedaydream and Elaine for the links.

Irish, Thanks for pointing out the potential confusion by my question but you answer my query :)

I was looking for all the diseases caused by "sjogren syndrome". Link shared by Sunshinedaydream answered my question. That document is pretty exhaustive. It lists down all the diseases that i am facing currently listed in them as caused by "sjogren syndrome".

You are also right, beyond the diseases directly caused by "sjogren syndrome" i have also read in other pubmed research papers that 50% of sjogren patients develop atleast one additional autoimmune disease over their lifetime.

All my research tells me that if we ignore terminal cancer, there is no other medical condition which causes so many diseases as "sjogren syndrome" does. Earlier i used to tell that i have a disease called "sjogren syndrome". Now i tell others that i have a condition called "sjogren syndrome" which causes 20 to 30 disease in each of its patients. I wonder if there is any other condition which can cause so many disease in each patient.

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 04:47:11 AM »
As Irish explained, Sjogren's Syndrome doesn't "cause" other diseases, it's the underlying immune system dysfunction that causes the other conditions, or "comorbididties" as the medical texts say.

Just because you are more likely to develop lupus, RA or Raynaud's, etc, if you have Sjogren's, that doesn't mean the Sjogren's caused the other disease, it means that whatever triggered the Sjogren's also triggered the other(s). And when considering the diseases at which we are increased risk, like lymphoma, again, it's not caused by Sjogren's, it's a result of the immune system's "misfiring" which caused the Sjogren's in the first place.

It would be more accurate to say the cause of Sjogren's also causes a number of other predictable diseases and conditions.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
Dear Sunshine, your link is marvelous!  Thanks. It is comprehensive and orders by frequency of occurance.

And Linda, you are so right.  Most of us with further complications have a basic disorder of our Immune System, autoimmune in nature, or in my case Immune Deficiency Disorder.  Sjogren's is the tip of that iceberg, as it were.  And is for many of us the first diagnosis.

In my case, I don't have true Sjogren's, which is autoimmune in nature.  But my Immune Disorder produces the same set of conditions that are often diagnosed as Sjogren's, but in my case would be better termed Sicca Syndrome.  A rose by any other name is just as miserable.

Regards, Elaine
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil