Author Topic: Connection to Allergies and Weather Changes  (Read 119 times)

helloz

Connection to Allergies and Weather Changes
« on: November 07, 2018, 10:26:09 AM »
My situation:  no diagnosis, bloodwork negative (except for a slightly positive ANA at times).  Generic Evoxac for almost 2 years now has greatly improved my quality of life (no more sinus infections!!!).

Do you notice an increase in joint pain when allergies and weather changes are affecting other people?  Anything you do to help this?

Reason I ask, a family member has been sick lately and it was most likely brought on by allergies.  I did not get sick, but have had a lot more joint aches than normal. When I go to the gym the last week my joints are just saying "nope," so I leave.  I've been doing weights for a year before this last week, not without pain but definitely better than the last week.

This leads me to wonder if inflammation from allergies is making things worse.  Anyone else notice anything similar?

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Connection to Allergies and Weather Changes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
Yes.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Connection to Allergies and Weather Changes
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:42:57 PM »
This is sort of like the chicken and the egg question. Autoimmune diseases, immune disorders and allergies are all related. A immunologist is a doctor who specializes in these 3 problems. They are all complicated and interrelated in many ways.

I have the history of hayfever and allergies to goldenrod, mustard and many other weeds. When the fall comes I can have increase in nasal symptoms, etc. or sometimes joint pain, body aches. However, I am much more influenced by the change in the weather. The decrease in barometer, increase in humidity and heat …..or humidity with dampness can lay me out really fast. Add the allergies along with the change in the weather and my asthma is more apt to kick in along with the body aches, etc.

We doomed......that is all there is to it. I would suggest seeing a Immunologist if you can as they are more likely to do blood work that can hone in on more specific autoimmune or immune/allergy issues. I saw an immunologist on referral and had 2 autoimmune diseases diagnosed plus diagnosed with severely low T-cells which is an immune issue. This immune issues caused me to suffer from may infections over the years. No other doctor thought anything of it. If I had not seen immunologist that issue would probably not been diagnosed for a long, long time. Good luck. Irish