Author Topic: turmeric power  (Read 187 times)

bclark18

turmeric power
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »
was looking for some Opinions i'm currently in remission right now and have been for a year i believe however i am noticing my symptoms are coming back tired joint pain larger memory fogs and still being in school this is throwing me off i read that turmeric is a Amazing natural anti inflammatory and is great for your immune system but i was wondering if any of you have tried it and if it works?

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: turmeric power
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 02:21:21 AM »
I took turmeric for over a year, with satisfactory results. It didn't completely stop the inflammatory pain, but it did reduce it, and my inflammatory markers were closer to normal than they had been in nearly 40 years. The down side for me was, after 14 months, I started bruising randomly and very easily, and bleeding times were lengthening. These are common side effects of NSAIDS, and when I researched, I found they occasionally happen with turmeric as well, so I stopped taking it, and the bleeding issues resolved.

I found it to be a good antiinflammatory, comparable to and much less expensive than pharmaceuticals ( I used organic turmeric powder, mixed into my morning oatmeal with a few other spices that I enjoy), but it can have side effects, which you must watch for.

My theory has always been; if a substance can cause helpful changes in the body's function or chemistry, it can also cause adverse ones, and this was a perfect example..."natural" isn't necessarily without risk.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 02:32:49 AM »
The addition of bosweilia serata may be the addition you are looking for. It tells your immune system not to attack your arthritic areas.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

ohiolady

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 08:23:53 PM »
I have been having some good results with a particular brand of Turmeric. The downside is it is giving me heartburn. It seems anything that helps arthritis hurts my stomach. Ugh!

This is just my experience!

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 09:32:34 PM »
NatureWise brand curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) 750 mgs twice per day keeps my lupus + sjogren's aches and pains at bay without side effects.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Maria3667

• Good advice is one thing, applying it another
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 12:53:25 PM »
It worked for me too, totally obliterated painful joints and muscles aches. Downside: anxiety!

50. Lyme's (1998), Sjogren's (2003), hypothyroidism (2004), osteoarthritis (2016), DES-daughter, GAD. Pilocarpine, natural thyroid hormones, 25mg quetiapine, low dose testosterone, 2.5 mg dhea, supplements. Endometriosis, cherry angiomas, macules. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex