Author Topic: smoke  (Read 233 times)

bluegardenia

smoke
« on: November 02, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »
does anybody still smoke?
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

Maria3667

• Good advice is one thing, applying it another
Re: smoke
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »
Gave up 20 years ago because every morning I'd wake up with my eyelids stuck together with gooey green stuff. Besides that, smoking exacerbated dry mouth.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:29:24 AM by Maria3667 »
50. Lyme's (1998), Sjogren's (2003), hypothyroidism (2004), osteoarthritis (2016), DES-daughter, GAD. Pilocarpine, natural thyroid hormones, 25mg quetiapine, low dose testosterone, 2.5 mg dhea, supplements. Endometriosis, cherry angiomas, macules. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 09:27:47 PM »
Quit almost two years ago. After SJS progressed, just caused too much sinus pain. It also lead to risking sinus infection -> anti-biotic -> yeast infection -> BV -> YI / BV overcorrection cycle. I rarely miss it and it's the only good thing to come out of SJS for me. Had tried many times before over the years but desire to avoid sinus pain finally won out over the desire for nicotine, making it an easy decision.

If you're interested in quitting, you have to be committed. When I had a craving, I reminded myself that I am a non-smoker now and non-smokers don't don't buy, bum or smoke cigarettes. So I didn't buy, bum or smoke cigarettes and the cravings went away and became less frequent. My husband still smokes but only outside and not in the car when I'm in it because it hurts my face. I use my personal steamer when I've been exposed to too much smoke (and also when the air is too dry).

Also had to quit smoking MJ. I vape and eat it, though.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Bigleyj

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »
I do. I guess I just don't want to quit more than I want to keep smoking. I don't have the willpower.   :(
Female, 44 Yrs, Victoria, Australia. 
Diagnosed SJS Nov 2014, diagnosed skin-only Lupus Dec 2014, overactive thyroid medicated since 2011.
 plaquenil, carbimazole, escitalopram (esipram), second generation oral saliwell stent, vitamin D.
Came off low dose Valium mid-2015 😀

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 09:48:16 PM »
I quit about 17 years ago and every once in a while I get a whiff of smoke know that if I had a cigarette I would be addicted like crazy again. All I have to do is think about what my lungs would look like and how bad I would feel from the smoke and the urge goes away.

My hubby had COPD from smoking many years and it is really a very miserable disease to have..... I would suggest that if you smoke just make up your mind to quit. Go to bed one night and get up the next day and never smpke that first cigarette or any after that. I quite for good the on the second try after being miserable from the beans dust in the fields during harvest. Figured to smoke when I was so miserable was not the smartest thing to do. It is hard but not as hard as one thinks. Good luck all. Irish

Tharrell

• There has to be humor in this somewhere!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
Still smoking.
MCTD, sjogren's,sero negative ra,achalasia,Issac's syndrome,MCI, nystagmus, acephalgic migraines,raynauds, plaquenil, requip, B2,spiriva,albuterol,topiramate,synthroid,diazepam,linzess, cevimeline,orencia,arava,prednisone,folic acid

Alex

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 09:12:53 AM »
I do. I guess I just don't want to quit more than I want to keep smoking. I don't have the willpower.   :(

It is mistake to think you need will power, i encourage you to look in "alan carr easy way to stop smoking"  I quit after 15 years...

bclark18

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
i currently vape but only for the reason that i noticed that it clears out my lungs when i am sick most do no belive me but i used to get pneumonia  all the time and know i don't