Author Topic: Regarding diagnosis: focus on lung inflammation  (Read 576 times)

Roo

Regarding diagnosis: focus on lung inflammation
« on: October 12, 2018, 06:12:40 PM »
I assume lung inflammation would also cause other symptoms - any idea what the symptoms of inflamed lungs might be? Curious, because I'd hate to suggest it to a doctor without any "But this is why..." to back it up. My experience with doctors has been that they just don't like to listen to my concerns unless I have an actual concrete symptom or reason. For instance, in the first post, it says your doctor will actually talk to you about your history and symptoms and then examine you - mine talked, but that was about it - no real examination!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:20:43 AM by Linda196 »

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: Regarding diagnosis: focus on lung inflammation
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 11:31:17 AM »
This post was originally kind of buried in an information thread, so I separated it and moved it here, where I think it will get more response

In reply, lung inflammation does indeed present with very noticeable symptoms, like cough, chest pain, chest wall pain, pain between the shoulder blades, shortness of breath, guarding (not taking full breaths to avoid pain), chills, fever and loss of appetite.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Regarding diagnosis: focus on lung inflammation
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 01:32:14 PM »
Dear Roo,

I have small airway obstruction, which is a frequent complication of my Immune Disorder: Common Variable Immune Disorder.

The obstruction was found on the standard breath test (using a device to blow into) at the Allergy, Asthma clinic at Duke.

I only experience very infrequent cough induced asthma, which involves this small airway obstruction, I guess.  Anyway, all I have to do is STOP coughing, and then the wheezing and coughing go away.

Easier said than done. The coughing has been brought on by dust or feathers.  I don't use an inhaler, since it is so infrequent.

Linda gave clear signs of inflammation of the lungs. If you have those symptoms, then tell your pulmonologist so that the next steps can be taken.

I wish you the best.   We are here to help each other.

Keep us posted.

Regards, Elaine

Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3