Author Topic: Your experience with the lip biopsy procedure  (Read 467 times)

Judes

Re: Your experience with the lip biopsy procedure
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 02:19:35 PM »
Hey Blue, it really wasn't too bad, worst part was the shot. My lip is still numb though so I'm hoping it doesn't feel too bad when the shot wears off. I have 3 dissolvable stitches and she removed about 8 minor glands. Time will tell.

bclark18

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 05:44:06 PM »
i actually was diagnosed at 13 and i had 3 Biopsy's done none went bad just alot of pudding eating lol however some sjogrens tests dont always come back positive but this is the best way to get it done. if you rube your tongue against your lip you will feel bumps they just take out one of toughs lumps it was scary but helped us determine that it was in fact sjogrens

Deseree

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 05:53:41 PM »
bclark18, if you don't mind me asking, how long have you had Sjogren's since you were diagnosed?
30 year old female
No diagnosis as of yet. Dry mouth, nose, throat, and eyes. Currently taking ubiquinol.

Judes

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 06:41:38 AM »
Bclark I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this at such a young age. I hope you are managing things ok. I can't imagine having a lip biopsy three times, but if that's what it takes I will do it. I just want to know for sure. Is it normal for your lip to still be numb 24 hours later? My lip feels and looks like a small ballon and is still numb? Hoping the feeling comes back when the swelling subsided.

Judes

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 05:32:03 PM »
Well it took about 5 days to start getting feeling back in my lip, and today about 8 days later there is still a knot in my lip that is numb with some weird pulling feeling. I am hoping it will keep getting better, nothing I can't live with though.

I got my results tonight. I had a focus score equal to 2. ENT doc told me anything over 1 is indicative of Sjogrens. She said she is not the right doctor to make the diagnosis or explain it to me that it has to come from my rheumatologist, and also has to coincide with other positive tests like Schirmers.

I already had Schirmer test with results also indicative of Sjogrens of 0 and 2. So I'm thinking with those two tests being positive I will have a confirmed positive diagnosis when I see my rheumy next at the end of December.

I can't find much on the internet about the range of the focus score and it's meaning? Is 2 high? How high does it go, does anyone know? I went in not knowing what I wanted the results to show and I'm still not sure, it's all so overwhelming  and a lot to take in. I guess I wait to see what my rheumy makes of it all now.