Author Topic: Blood transfusion.  (Read 191 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Blood transfusion.
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »
I had a busy week last week with IVIG and 2 doctors appts up in the cities. Got home Thursday and Friday I was very weak and short of breath and heart pounding. I have had this anemia off and on for several years and  it is just picking away at me. Hgb was 8.9  3 weeks ago and I went Friday for my iron infusion( the second in this series of 4) and they sent me to urgent care and had 6.9 Hgb and some questionable blood work. I had chest pain and some jaw pain so watching for pulmonary embolism and heart attack.

I had felt lousy but checked my oil and added some and then drove 30 miles to doctor. I felt halfway decent driving but got worse after walking from the parking lot to the clinic. Anyway, I told the docs that my Hgb was down and it turned out I was right. One unit of blood and 8 hours later my son picked me up and took me home.

I have these AVMs or arteriovenous malformations in my colon. They are genetic and are a lacy type pattern of small arteries and veins that bleed off and on. They can also never bleed at all. I just had the colonoscopy and esophagoscopy and then the capsule/camera in the small intestine....all of these were also to check for bleeding or other issues. No sign of bleeding but the question of a slow periodic bleed is possible. Will see primary, GI and possibly do my iron infusion tomorrow unless my hgb is lower andanother transfusion is in order. I was 7.9 one hour after blood finished and didn't have the unstable angina or as much shortness of breath when discharged.

Anyone else have this problem. The thing is....I feel I should run this by my immunologist as he does the genetic testing on me and keeps track of all my weird issues. I am an unstable person physically at best so I am not rushing into this. I have 99% of my surgeries in the cities at one hospital causes I have myasthenia gravis and they have put me to sleep for almost 20 years and do such a good job. I have to avoid the heavy muscle relaxants because of the myasthenia.

I am getting really ready for things to settle down. I still am not settled in my coop....I really like it but need to get more organized. I will quit whining now and give you some peace and quiet. Irish

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Blood transfusion.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 06:35:10 AM »
"I need to get more organized" will be my final words, Irish.

You are coping......and I can only manage coping!

Love your words and reading how your life is going.

Regards,  Elaine
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 06:47:44 AM »
Wow. Stay strong as you heal. I had hoped that you felt better since your last move by now.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »
Saw GI doc today and feel better after getting to see the pictures and hearing the words from her lips. Will get my colonoscopy set up for the week after next and she will lazer these tiny vessels away. I got to see the pictures and they are like the blush on a pear.. Larger pink areas in 2 places and a couple of smaller ones. She told me about others who had this issue and how the procedure stopped the blood loss and the anemia people had. It is the "occult" or invisible blood that we lose and makes us so weak.

The bad thing is that this will be the third colon prep I have had in about 5 weeks or so. I think someone is sticking pins in a voodoo doll for me. :o Also had second iron infusion today. Venofer is the name of the product if I remember right. Irish

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 12:49:33 AM »
Oh irish,
I was hoping you were better too. You are going through so much. You will be in my prayers. I will say a special one for you today. You have done so much helping everyone, and then you have to endure so many things. I guess this life is just training us for something special. You are special, and deserve special things in your life.

Hugs,
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Deb 27

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 07:47:28 AM »
Irish, I wish you well on your upcoming procedures. The iron should get you feeling stronger. With us, it seems like there is always something. It's good to have a place to go where others understand. Many thoughts and prayers for you. Keep us posted.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.