Author Topic: Another 2 teeth gone  (Read 130 times)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Another 2 teeth gone
« on: September 14, 2018, 10:11:55 AM »
Just came back from VA hospital. They did surgery to remove 2 more teeth. That is 4 or 5 this year. They were very bad so surgery was needed. I also had sedation.

I thought that one of them was going to be pulled last time. The dentist went to see if it would take a crown or a partial and decided it had to be pulled.

One they thought had a minor cavity under the crown. When the crown came off it was major with very little tooth left. Partials are postponed.

Bridge work an additional fillings are postponed. The continued saga of Sjogren's and Teeth. At least this stage was not immediate with diagnosis.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Deborah

Re: Another 2 teeth gone
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:15:25 AM »
I've had 14 crowns, 9 root canals, 1 implant and 1 extraction. I hope the dental problem has stabilized, no procedures in the last 2 years, thank goodness.
Female 65, Diagnosed Sicca Syndrome 2011

Restasis, Celexa, Flaxseed, D3, Calcium

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 12:56:22 PM »
I forgot to mention a side effect of the last two pull. My blood pressure dropped from 177/90 to 144/64. May have found a pain source.
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche

Judes

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 04:17:35 PM »
I'm sorry Joe :( having teeth pulled is not fun. I've had darn near every tooth in my head drilled, filled, pulled, crowned, root canaled or implanted already. I guess I've had signs of Sj?grens much longer than I was aware of :(

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 05:52:22 PM »
Yep, I have gone through drills and fills, root canals, and crowns. I have spent many years in a dentist chair. I have heard many complaints. Finding a good meditation made things a lot easier. The surgeon said I did really well. I was drugged and meditating. I did not care a lot about what was happening as long as it reduce the pain in the end.

araminta

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 04:35:04 AM »
So sorry Joe.    Could't find a "comfort" emoticon to send you, the others all seemed inappropriate!

Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »
I thank you for your good thoughts. What I am looking for is partials or full dentures so I have some chewing surfaces again. I hope that when I heal from this round I will get my partials and bridge work. The lower blood pressure has been nice.

My mom and dad lost their teeth before they were 30yo. I did not expect them to last this long. As a kid I had my fangs removed (eye teeth/canine?) as they stuck out over my lips. My mouth was still to small for most of my molars.

At one time I had a book that told what each tooth coresponded to in your body. I have not seen that for decades.

lorigacc

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 05:35:42 AM »
So sorry to hear about that...I remember going through that.  If possible go for the partials first, and try to keep whatever teeth are left for as long as you can.  Hang in there.
Secondary Sjogrens, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Osteoporosis, Vertebral Compression Fractures, Kyphosis, Hiatal hernia
   Plaquenil, Forteo injections, Restasis, Prinivil, Ecotrin, Calcium, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Fish Oil