Author Topic: Question about strange sweating  (Read 239 times)

CMNK12

Question about strange sweating
« on: September 05, 2018, 10:26:47 AM »
Hello all

Hope you guys had a nice Labor Day holiday. I have a question I am baffled about sweating I am having recently. I have never, ever sweated before. Now I wake up dripping. I am on hormone replacement therapy that has stopped my hot flashes, in fact some times I feel cold now. But I still sweat under my arms at intervals. I’m sorry this is TMI. Is it hormonal? It just feels so weird that I can’t stop sweating sometimes and it’s only under my arms.???? Thanks for your help. Anyone else ever experience this, Help.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Question about strange sweating
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 05:43:40 PM »
It seems that part of Sjogrens is a stage of uncontrolable sweat. Changing the sheets twice per night or more before you go really dry.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Deseree

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 08:42:12 PM »
I'm no expert and really new to all of this, but my guess is that it's hormonal or due to some other drugs you may be taking. I suffer from a severe hormonal imbalance, but before I was treated years ago, I used to sweat like crazy. Sometimes I still do even though everything's supposedly under control. I know that's anecdotal, but hormone imbalances are very well documented as causing severe sweating.
30 year old female
No diagnosis as of yet. Dry mouth, nose, throat, and eyes. Currently taking ubiquinol.

ohiolady

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 06:03:04 AM »
Have you recently started Evoxac or Salagen?  I am experienced profuse sweating for several years on Evoxac. I have been on it now for 12 years so I no longer get this sweating. It is definitely a side of ffect of the med.

Anna

SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:09:42 AM »
This could be some type of autonomic nervous system event. The sweat glands under the arms are triggered a little differently than other sweat glands if I remember correctly. The nervous system is affected in autoimmune diseases and can really raise havoc for us. If you see a neurologist I would ask him about this. And.....it might be that your family doctor would know. Good luck, Irish

Judes

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »
I sweat profusely about every hour since starting cevimeline (evoxac) 5 weeks ago. It's really more of an all over claminess as not a lot of sweat comes out. Prior to starting the drug I had intermittent hot flashes which I think are from premenopausal issues. Now they are ten fold!

CMNK12

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 01:39:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies. No evoxax or salagen. I tried that at one time years ago but could not take the

sweating. So I will research more and mention to all of my doctors to see what they come up with. I’m

sure they will think it’s not a big deal but it’s driving me crazy. Have a good afternoon all.

CK

Sharon

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 05:50:19 PM »
Since SS I suffer from what I call "sweating attacks" every night (wakes me from sleep)
and sometimes during the day if I'm feeling particularly unwell.
I feel it's related to the inflammation in SS in some way or the nervous system becoming hyperactive.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:53:35 PM by Sharon »
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

Judes

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 04:12:09 PM »
Hi i think there is something to that Sharon. I blamed my severe sweating on cevilimine, but have been off it for a week and I'm still having severe sweat attacks every hour. Wake me up from sleep sweating. I can't attribute this to premenopaus either it is so bad.

Sharon

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 03:13:34 PM »
I agree it's a terrible symptom.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 

Intelife

• Diagnosed PSjS, CFSIDS, HSV,HPV, EBV, Valley Feve,
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 05:41:13 AM »
I started having severe night sweats as a young woman in my twenties.  Finally got a diagnosis if CFSIDS.

Note, this gas to do with an immune deficiency.  All very vague.  Fast Forward to today, and thus had all manefested as SjS.

The type of sweating one does I believe is very significant.

During my phase of strange night sweats, I would wake up and need to change pajamas mid night.  During my recent Pneumonia I told the PCP that I was sweating on my shoulders, arms, and places that I didn't even know I could sweat!

Now on prednisone for a week, my face swears profusely when I try to garden, or any other physical effort, 

So, to me, it is important and possibly significant to  be very detailed about the exact nature of any sweating issues.

Funny, cause in general, I don't sweat much cause I mostly always feel cold.
Our bodies = Our Planet

Sharon

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 02:25:52 PM »
I too can get sweating attacks with any physical effort (without Predisone).
Question is: What is the treatment for this symptom?