Author Topic: Trigger Finger Treatment Worked!  (Read 208 times)

SjoGirl

Trigger Finger Treatment Worked!
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:25:19 AM »
Hello all,

I had developed a trigger finger on my left ring finger, it was pretty bad, nearly staying bent on a number of occasions. The orthopedist said there were four options:

1. Leave it alone (not an option from my perspective).

2. PT (which he said rarely worked so not a particularly viable option).

3. Surgery

4. Shot

I chose the shot which was done in my palm, which was where the cyst was located which was impeding the release of my finger when it was bent. I must say the shot was painful, but so was the spot where the cyst was located. FYI the location of the cyst surprised me, I thought it was my knuckle that was the issue, not the palm of my hand.

Now about a week later I am soooo excited to feel better and to finally have found a simple treatment for an issue that is all to prevalent in those with RA (which I have in addition to SjS). If you find yourself experiencing this issue you might consider the shot, it's not much medicine so doesn't wreak havoc with your body, in fact all of me felt better after having it.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Skylar

Re: Trigger Finger Treatment Worked!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 07:21:53 PM »
I'm so glad this worked for you - much less invasive than surgery.

Is this considered a permanent cure or a temporary treatment that you will have to do from time to time? I hope it's permanent.

SjoGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 12:27:01 PM »
Sklyar, I suspect that with SjS and RA there is no such thing as a permanent cure. Things seem to just move from one spot to another. That said I'll take what I can get for now.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 05:38:15 PM »
Dear SjoGirl,

I had trigger thumb, and the cortisone shot didn't work at all.  So I had the surgery, which was:
1)outpatient
2) relatively painless
3) required NO rehab.
4) I also had carpal tunnel surgery on the same hand at the same time.  Also simple.

Regards,  Elaine
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

trejonina

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 04:52:15 PM »
Hello, so glad you're better. Please tell us ,what was in the shot? For example cortizone or ...what ???? TKS