Author Topic: If you don?t know what a Klingon is, look it up 😊  (Read 280 times)

BostonTerriers

If you don?t know what a Klingon is, look it up 😊
« on: August 05, 2018, 08:09:03 AM »
I was diagnosed with Sjogrens 6 yrs ago even though my ANA was negative.  The schirmers eye test plus my other symptoms convinced my rheumatologist.   Several years of medicines and doctoring I came to a place of living without constant pain. Then my doc retired suddenly and the doctor in practice with him says no ANA, no Sjogrens. Insert eye roll 🤪. He took away my plaquenil and said it takes 6 months to leave body so we will do a lip biopsy at that time. Within a month a 47 year old scar on my forehead became inflamed ( huge, I?d put in pic but having hard time figuring it out), I went to a dermatologist and she said nope this isn?t for me it?s to do with connective tissue disease go back to rheumatologist. The Appointment was almost four months from stopping medicine so by this time my Klingon starter forehead ridge is coming along nicely.  ;D

My rheumatologist said he?d never seen anything like it but tended to agree that it was too coincidental that quitting meds and then this, he asked about other symptoms and yes movement, dryness, even choking and coughing all are worse.

He put me back on plaquenil and ordered a round of blood tests including Ana, anti DS DNA, ena AB, etc.  I get tests back midweek.

I suppose I want to know if this has happened to any of you.  I know autoimmune acts differently on everyone and my weirdness is mine but for him to say nope never seen this makes me wonder. 

cccourt1942

• Suffered from numerous symptoms for about 25 years
Re: If you don?t know what a Klingon is, look it up ????
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »
The one thing I've never heard described or discussed on this forum or in Sjogren's groups is a Klingon forehead.  All your other dilemmas come up somewhat regularly.  I think you stumbled into the right rheumy this time!!  Count that as a plus.  I don't know what DS, DNA, ena, AB unless SS-A and SS-B...but not familiar with any of it. I'd suggest a dermatologist for the forehead!  Good luck...and PLZ...……..do a follow up.   Will be interesting to hear.
ccc
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 03:59:16 PM »
Keloid formation ( excessive collagen or granulomatous deposits in existing scars) can have an immune basis, so it's not unheard of for scars, even very old ones, to suddenly become overgrown in immune reactions or autoimmune flares. I must say the "Klingon forehead ridge" is an excellent, if somewhat unusual, descriptor  LOL

I've heard of this happening more in tattoos in people with collagen vascular diseases like Sarcoidosis and vasculitis, but the mechanism would be the same. Oddly enough in late tattoo scarring, the red coloured areas seem to be the first ones affected.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 07:16:44 PM »
My friend Bill makes Klingon ridge prosthetic for those Klingon's who's ridges are not well developed. You can PM me and I will put you in touch so you can have a proper set of ridges. I have other friends that make Klingon Armor.

Your other symptoms seem normal for Sjogren's.   
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 08:21:25 AM »
And if you still come back negative on tests, tell him he needs to treat you. Find an article on seronegative Sjogren's and bring it to him. Or try another rheumy.
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers