Author Topic: Flare during trip  (Read 74 times)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Flare during trip
« on: August 01, 2018, 09:44:05 PM »
I am writing from British Columbia tonight. As you may guess, I am in a flare. It has been unusually hot. I have been doing my best to stay out of the sun and protect myself from the sun.

Now that the weather has gotten cooler...a flare.There is no AC here. They have never needed it that often. Shade, and fans for cooling. The heat this year is unusual.

1/2 hour ago I took a Benedryl and an Aleve to help with the pain flare. I think it is.  Soon we well be heading back to the USA. It is supposed to rain. (bad weather again). Another pain challenge.

The SPF 50 dip my clothing took seems to help. I will know more on the trip home as then I will be sitting the south side of the car. The car is 72 degrees most of the time and if needed I can drop it to about 65 degrees.

Blue blocker sun glasses help with light triggers. Not having to drive does lower the stress levels.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Flare during trip
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 05:48:39 AM »
Dear Joe,  I am amazed at the trips you take!  We did a 7-day trip to Iowa in July, fly-drive, and I was in a flare by the time we arrived, and it lasted the entire trip.

I don't think I will travel again, unfortunately.  I know there are such wonderful places to visit, but it is so hard for me to really be 'present' for the pleasures of the trip when I'm in a miserable flare.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Regards, Elaine
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Flare during trip
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 09:33:49 PM »
I took a generic benedryl and a generic aleve to stop the flare. Pick your own pain reliever that works for you. The anti-histamine did knock the flare down. Another dose today helped. The return of the heat tomorrow may hinder my recovery. Over cast sky and temps in the low 70s made the trip nice. We are now back in the USA.

I learned a new trip from my daughter. To avoid the 70+ minute wait at the border, we went to the duty free shop and just purchased something. We by passed miles of parking lot. 40 minutes over all as Jan forgot our license plate number.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism