Author Topic: Tremor when you lie down  (Read 474 times)

araminta

Tremor when you lie down
« on: July 28, 2018, 04:30:39 AM »
I know many of you suffer with tremor, but I find this occurs almost exclusively when I lie down or relax back in a chair.   Especially when I first lie down in bed at night.   Does anyone else have this problem?   It's not terrible of course, just a bit unsettling.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

SjoGirl

Re: Tremor when you lie down
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 02:54:30 PM »
This can be or might be what is a very common process of your body and mind fighting each other as you try to go to sleep. I read an article about it which said that sometimes the more that you try to quiet yourself to sleep the mind keeps racing and the two sort of collide.

If it happens a lot and the tremors are violent then it could mean it's a seizure, but those are far more rare. It is possible to develop nocturnal seizures, some of which are quite harmless (again if they become many or violent it's time to talk to a doc asap).

Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

araminta

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 03:52:12 AM »
Thank you for your post, SjoGirl.   These certainly are not seizures, more like my body shaking itself - a bit like when a dog comes out of water and does that, but not quite so vigorous!
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

SjoGirl

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 09:16:12 AM »
araminta, I get those nearly every night. They freak me out sometimes, but I've learned to ignore them.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 09:51:48 AM »
Dear Araminta,  when I had myoclonus (induced by Cymbalta) the seizure like shaking occurred mostly when I was standing, during the day.

But once I had a sort of whole body seizure when I lay down in bed, and once just on the left side, when I lay down.  This was towards the end of the year-long issue I had with both Myoclonus (shaking) and Syncope (collapse to the floor).

Now I'm off any of the SSRI/SNRI medications, the problems are gone.

I have so much neuropathy that I some times have odd shaking of my hand or arm...but nothing much when I'm lying down.

Sometimes I wonder what it would look like if I made a list of everything...from my feet turning purple, to my ears ringing and clicking, and everything in between...how weird it would look to 'normal people'.

As a general rule, I tend to just live with whatever happens unless 1) it gets too frequent or serious to ignore, or 2) it is clearly a recognized 'problem' to the medical world.

Lots of stuff falls outside 1 and 2, for sure. 

Ain't we got fun!?

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

araminta

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 10:10:01 AM »
Thank you both for your replies.   Yes Elaine, we're so interesting, aren't we?

SjoGirl, I won't say I'm glad you get these too, but it's reasuring to know I'm not alone.

ktfabian

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 05:50:04 PM »
Hi, I've been around a long time but don't post much anymore. I always blamed these on a prior back injury until I realized they were happening all over my body. For me, it feels like my nerves are jumping in my legs and arms and even sometimes my core, making my body jump with them.

I also get itching in my feet and shins which, if I don't do anything about it, I tend to scratch myself bloody, and I'll eventually get the bee stinging and burning of neuropathy. My family doctor has been the best at treating it. She's giving me 1mg of Klonopin and I can take up to 3 a day, only as needed, and it works really well.

I started out taking it four times as day, but now there are days I don't take it at all. I don't think it made anything go away, I think I've just become more used to it, it started almost 20 years ago.

I hope you find some relief,
Tracy

araminta

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 06:37:35 AM »
Thank you for your post, Tracy, I'm sorry you have those problems.   The shakiness I can put up with, and at present the neuropathy seems to be confined to crawling feelings on my skin.   If it all gets worse I'll see my doctor.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 11:52:50 PM »
I have these off and on and have no idea what causes them but figure that it has something to do with the nervous system trying to relax. They come and go and don't seem to be anything that I am concerned about. Imagine a person would be concerned if they increase in intensity and number and then be sure to check with doctor. Good luck. Irish

araminta

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 08:21:04 AM »
Thank you Irish.   Yes that is exactly what it feels like, the system trying to unwind!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 12:08:52 AM »
An after thought.....have you had your thyroid checked? irish

araminta

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 03:51:04 AM »
Yes three years ago when the symptoms got going, all was as it should be.

I have wondered recently about Graves disease, I don't have all the symptoms for that, but do have some, such as tremor, night sweats, weight loss, sore dry eyes.   But those overlap so much with Sjogrens that it is very confusing.

mollie carey

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 09:26:38 PM »
I have gotten these for years, no ones really gets what I am saying. I take klonopin at night and that helps, otherwise I can't sleep because I wake feeling like I am falling and having them. They are like intramuscular you can not see them. Like a hum.

I find them to be so much worse when I get sick, very tired or overdo it.

You are not alone.