Author Topic: Pinpoint pain on fingers?  (Read 48 times)

Liz D.

Pinpoint pain on fingers?
« on: July 03, 2018, 05:59:38 AM »
I’ve been having the strangest pain on my fingers lately and am wondering if anyone knows what it is or has experienced it before themselves.

It starts with a pinpoint pain on the fingerprint part of my finger.  When I touch it, it feels like a sharp piece of glass is in there.  Then it becomes red and very sensitive to even touch.  Over the course of the week, it becomes like a hard blister and eventually peels.  It is extremely painful. 

I have one starting to heal on my forefinger and now the pinpoint pain is starting on my thumb.  I’ve done research thinking maybe it is a wart, but it does not fit that description.

Any ideas or suggestions what it could be?

Thanks,
Liz D.
54 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004, but problems started in 2000), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 400 mg; Synthroid 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Vitamins, calcium, flaxseed oil

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Pinpoint pain on fingers?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 12:52:41 PM »
I am of the opinion that you are in need of a dermatologist. This sounds like something that is going to hard to diagnose and the dermatology people is a good place to start. They know the right people to network with for referral if necessary. A biopsy is also a possibility. Any time you start sloughing layers of skin without good reason it can be challenging.

I would pursue getting an appointment as soon as possible. I don't want to scare you but some of these skin conditions can be really weird and troublesome. If it is spreading to another finger it is significant as it is not just "one of those things". I worked on a derm floor years ago so I have seen some strange stuff....Better pursuing diagnosis sooner than later. Keep us posted. Good luck. Irish