Author Topic: Evoxac  (Read 144 times)

kimberly64

Evoxac
« on: June 13, 2018, 11:01:40 AM »
Does anyone use Evoxac generic with numbers printed on pill not the name Evoxac with success? My pharmacy is telling me they cannot order from the other manufacturer any longer but Im afraid the switch wont work should I try this pill with numbers or change to pharmacy that will get the pill by Ranbury I think it is .
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:04:49 AM by kimberly64 »
Sjogrens, Evoxac, Restasis , Omega3

Pete0211

Re: Evoxac
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 12:02:13 PM »
I've always been on generic (Cevimeline). The current pills have P657 P657 printed on them, and I believe I've had pills with other numbers on them (doing a search, likely 54 190). I've never had any problems with the pills I've used.
Male 49 y/o; Undergoing Primary SJS diagnosis process; Cevimeline, Ubiquinol, Restasis

kimberly64

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »
Okay good to know this.  I have read where another manufacturer did not work at all so just seeing what works for most before I jump the gun and switch to a pharmacy that will special order.

genko_b

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »
I've been on both the name brand and the generic and find no difference between them in effectiveness.

Genko

janny

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 04:00:41 PM »
Yup, with genko_b, also been on both and see no difference at all. You will be good with either.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:14:02 AM by janny »

kimberly64

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 04:57:52 PM »
The generic I took had Evoxac on the pill but it was generic but if the ones with numbers are working for most that?s good news.  What is manufacturer if I can ask that makes yours to see if the new refill with numbers is same .

ohiolady

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 07:14:13 PM »
I tried the generic and it did not work at all. I started getting sores in my mouth.  My rheumatologist writes name brand only on my script.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 08:12:09 PM »
This issue came up a couple of years ago. The generic Evoxac with numbers didn't work for a couple of us. I have a standing request at my pharmacy to only give me the Ranbaxy generic. The ones with numbers were trash. Literally not worth taking, end up in the garbage, waste of time and money purchase.

But they might work for you. If not, switch to a pharmacy that carries Ranbaxy brand. Or if you don't want to go through the process of finding out, switch pharmacies now. :-)

http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?topic=29199.msg308113#msg308113
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic