Author Topic: Tennis elbow  (Read 221 times)

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
Tennis elbow
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:28:46 AM »
Hi to all.

Saw my rhuemy last week and told him other than fatigue my only hurting joint was my
Left elbow. That it started a week ago for no reason and it really hurt. I can not even hold a full
Cup of coffee....my elbow hurts and gives way.

His exam told him my dx was tennis elbow. Showed me exercise to do,  buy elbow splint/brace at
Pharmacy...use heat or cold, whatever felt best.

I have thought and thought of what did I do to cause it.  When I was first dx with RA and sjogrens in 2010
Both my elbows were sore...so I felt for sure it was RA pain.......never tennis elbow.

Who else has had this.

On a lighter note. I am now on a yearly maintenance visit with him...no more 6 month appts. I am doing
Well.

Shelly
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***

ohiolady

Re: Tennis elbow
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 05:27:53 PM »
Hi Shelly,

I have had tennis elbow for a year. Yes a year. I did all the things your rheumatologist suggested, plus a cortisone shot. Finally, I was sent to physical therapy and they taught me diligent stretching and light weights to strengthen my arm. Five months of faithful exercise and stretching have finally healed my arm. I attribute mine to being on my phone and tablet too much. Also, All pain for me got worse after my thyroid failed.

Hope this resolves for you.

Anna

SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

araminta

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:25:23 AM »
I had tennis elbow years ago before the symptoms of Sjogrens started.

I believe it was caused by carrying heavy shopping bags.

I didn't get any special treatment for it, and it lasted for almost a year.

Glad to hear you're doing well in other ways!
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 03:26:41 PM »
Hi  :)

I also got bouts of tennis elbow - both elbows - way before I got symptoms of dryness and a diagnoses. that happened first - but hasn't happened recently -and then I got neurological symptoms.

Weird - huh?

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »
I have had tennis elbow many times in both elbows. I learned to wear the tennis elbow spints found at Walmart. I wear them whenever I do anything that involves heavier use of the elbows. Gardening, painting, scrubbing floors by hand, vacuuming, etc.

The Sjogrens iss a collagen autoimmune disease and it affects many parts of our bodies including our tendons. The use of a splint made a huge difference in my pain and made life better. I dot have it much any more but being on prednisone may be the reason. Good luck. irish