Author Topic: Pain in legs and feet  (Read 471 times)

jordozmom

Pain in legs and feet
« on: June 01, 2018, 06:54:16 PM »
I have done a few searches and have looked at the archives, but haven?t found anything on my issue so I am starting a new thread.  I have been diagnosed with both plantar fasciitis and peripheral neuropathy, but I am convinced those are not the problem as the symptoms don?t match and the treatments don?t work.  Here are my symptoms:  pain starts about mid-calf and goes to my arches, always happens in BOTH legs at the same time, never first thing in the morning, happens whether I?ve been on or off of my feet all day (today I have barely been out of bed all day because of terrible fatigue and my legs are SCREAMING!), it is an intense ache-like pain that throbs - it actually feels a little better when I get up and move around or stretch my calves and feet out a bit, it feels as though the muscles or tendons are so tight and hard that they are going to snap (I even had the lady giving me a massage tell me once that it was almost alarming how tight my calves were), heat seems to work better than cold, neither Advil or Tylenol help, but at times Aspercream on the areas does.  Sometimes my husband will massage them and I get to laughing because I can?t tell if his rubbing hurts or feels good - sometimes I cry out a little and he gets worried he is hurting me.

Has anyone else ever had anything like this?  It feels like some sort of inflammation, but I have no idea of what it could be...
SJS, Raynauds, Distal Renal Tubular Acidosis, RA, peripheral neuropathy, COPD, RLS, leaky heart valve (caused by SJS), Lichen Sclerosis.
Plaquenil, Salagen, Sodium Bicarb, Klor-Con, Ambien, Methotrexate, COQ-10, VitD, Multivitamin, Omega 3, B12

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Pain in legs and feet
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:56:36 PM »
You may choose to check out Raynauld's disease and leg circulation issues. I have edema also in my legs.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

bluegardenia

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 06:55:59 AM »
it seems my pain.... i do  not have reynaud and its not circulation,jordozmom you can find more in two other threads
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 09:26:20 PM »
I would check out Achilles tendon involvement as this can cause spasms and pain. This is an inflammatory problem involving the tendons in heel into leg and foot

The Plantar fasciitis can be bloody miserable. I had his years ago and I think it was caused by a new pain of sandles.  I happened to find the treatment in Dr. Donahues column in the paper and it worked.

Stand on stairs facing like walking up stairs. Put weight on ball of feet with the heels hanging off slightly and let your heels hang down just slightly. This stretches the tendons and helps to relieve the pressure and swelling. Have to be very careful not to overstretch the tendon in back of leg as this can cause pain. Also move slowly as tendons can rupture spontaneously at times which happened to one son of mine

Also, I figured out an easier way to do this when laying in bed and it was not as stressful to my body. I laid on my back and hung my heels off the end of my mattress slightly and would move my toes so they would point toward the head of the bed. Just slightly and gently....return to original position and bend the feet again. Only a couple of times. Take it slow and easy and remember that sometimes these more "simple" problems of feet and legs can hurt so bad that we think there is something terrible going on. Might want to try this and certain number of days and see if this helps too relieve the cramps. I wonder if warm packs would help the leg cramps. Just a thought. Good luck. Irish

bluegardenia

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 07:56:38 AM »
thanks irish, i do those exercises every single night before going to bed. we thought about achilles tendonitis but its not, i made an ultrasound.
many thanks anyway
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

Nomad

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 06:47:16 PM »
I have all sorts of pains in my legs and feet.

I have Morton's Neuroma. I had some injections. They helped for a long time.

I have other pains in my feet and honestly, I don't know what they are.

Also, odd pains in my legs. I have this weird area inside my knees....it feels like a knife stabbing me.

For facial nerve pain I have a cream made. In the cream is : Gabapentin, Capcaisin and Lidocaine. I rub this on my leg pain when it is very bad and it's helpful.
For my feet, I try to find an otc capcaisin cream and use sparingly because it can burn.
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

bluegardenia

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 02:30:13 PM »
this is becoming more and more strange. i had a wonderful couple of days without any symptom, no meds,just doing baths with salt to the feet,no pain and no tingling, i do not know if tingling is the right name , it is like if i had ants or  kind of air conditioned on my feet ankles and legs sometimes up to the knee.(WHAT IS THE RIGHT NAME IN ENGLISH PLEASE?) then all of a sudden everything started again, less pain but yes to ants staying on my legs. anyone has experience of this? i do not have reynaud, i do not have tendonitis,   i do not have diabetes.they do not burn. if i walk i dont feel the ants so much, feet are not inflamed red or hot or swollen

Jenny

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 05:51:20 AM »
Have you looked into PhD, peripheral artery disease. My sister and a friend have this in their feet and legs hurt all the time.
60 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Secondary Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Plaqenil, Vimovo, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015. Need knee replaced.
4hand surgeries,

bluegardenia

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 07:01:35 AM »
jenny im more and more convinced its neuropathy, my capillaroscopy is ok, i went to the doctor and made ultrasound everything is ok

Bigleyj

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 08:33:13 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that you have this pain.  I have no answers but I have the same. My whole body aches but my legs are worse. Especially at night. It's nearly 1.30 am now and I haven't slept yet. I have to jiggle my legs around to deal with it. Actually think that the more stress I have the worse it gets. I had a holiday a year ago and U did not ache at night at all.  Food for thought??

Keep smiling,
Jo.
Female, 44 Yrs, Victoria, Australia. 
Diagnosed SJS Nov 2014, diagnosed skin-only Lupus Dec 2014, overactive thyroid medicated since 2011.
 plaquenil, carbimazole, escitalopram (esipram), second generation oral saliwell stent, vitamin D.
Came off low dose Valium mid-2015 😀

bluegardenia

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 06:43:10 AM »
my pain in feet with the sensation of ants walking from the ankles to the knees  comes and go away. usually i do not have it when i walk and its bad when i take off my shoes

nannysbaby

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 04:24:28 PM »
jordozmom,  What you are describing is exactly the same as what I am experiencing.  Mine is the worse in the morning.  When I first wake up they hurt the worst and sometimes feel like a horse is biting my legs up and down to my ankle.  During the night I hurt all over and especially in my legs.  I am losing the feeling in my fourth toes on both feet.

I have always attributed this pain to fibromyalgia.  It worries me that whenever I complain about pain to my doctor he usually says it's just the fibro that I am experiencing and then reminds me that he cannot prescribe anything for pain and there is nothing they can do about fibro pain. (Grrr)  I have had this same pain now for over thirty years.  I do get up and get going and keep my mind occupied on other things, but some days are worse and it always gets me down.  I take advil for pain and I find that I sleep a little better when I take it.  I hope I am not hurting myself taking that, but I feel getting better sleep is important also.

When my husband was alive, he used to massage them and I remember how great that felt, but at the same time it hurt like everything!!  I hope you will be able to find some avenue of relief.  Keep moving and stay as active as you can unless you are in a flare or fatigue hits you.  When I feel like that, I take whatever time I need and when it passes, I get right back at it.

Nancy
Primary Sjogren's, Fibromyalgia, RLS; Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine, Vitamin Supp., Thera Tears