Author Topic: Mothers and Moms  (Read 61 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Mothers and Moms
« on: May 12, 2018, 08:10:42 PM »
May 13th is Mother's Day - wishing a Happy Mother's to all the ladies here who are either a birth mother, foster mother, step-mother, like-a-mother, fur-mother, grandmother, or gt. grandmother.

To those mothers who have young children - enjoy the time you have with this little person(s) in your life, trust me, the times flies by quicker than you will ever imagine.  Enjoy the time you snuggle with your little one holding them when they sleep. 

You've heard the saying, "don't sweat the small stuff" - this is true.  Pick your battles - is the mismatched outfit the end of the world, no, it's not.  Let them wear it.

Sleep deprivation comes with the territory of being a parent - whether you have a small infant, a toddler, newly licensed teenage driver, or a young adult who stays out until 2-3 in the morning or doesn't come home at all that night, or a married son/daughter who is having financial problems/work or marriage problems.  Once a parent, always a parent - you never stop worrying about them.

Make memories with your child(ren) - housework will always be there - little ones grow up and move off.

In this electronic age - take time to turn off the technology and enjoy talking/ listening to each other, playing board games, reading a paperback or hardback book where you can turn the page and look at pictures, get outside and go for a walk and enjoy nature, have teachable moments whether in the kitchen, folding laundry, picking up toys, or being kind to another person.  The list is endless.

"The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts are for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation . . for mature mothers learning to let go . . for working mothers and stay-at-home mothers . . single mothers and married mothers . .mothers with money, and mothers without.  Hang in there.  In the end we can only do the best we can.  Tell them every day that we love them."

It doesn't matter how young or old you are - you never outgrow your Mom.  And . . . a Mom never tires of hearing her children say, "I love you, Mom!".   ;D

To those whose mother is no longer living - may you remember fond times of your mother.

Happy Mother's Day!!   :)

Bucky

P.S.  For those of you who are dining out this Mother's Day . . . don't forget a nice tip for your server - Mother's Day is one of the busiest restaurant days of the year!!
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
Re: Mothers and Moms
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 08:22:05 PM »
So nice and so true.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all

Shelly
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***