Author Topic: What happened to ChrisR who had a ?cure? in 2016?  (Read 942 times)

Binsky

What happened to ChrisR who had a ?cure? in 2016?
« on: May 12, 2018, 07:20:33 AM »
Hi everyone...I?m new on the board. Can anyone tell me what happened to ?Chris? who sent out a very long and detailed blog post (around 2016) outlining his success in ?completely reversing? his Sjogren?s? It included a list of supplements including things like Amino Acids - Proline, Leucine, Lysine, Magnesium, etc...etc....  Has anyone been in touch with him or followed up with him?  Thanks!

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: What happened to ChrisR who had a ?cure? in 2016?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 03:43:07 PM »
ChrisR Posted this in 2017:

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to post an update on my Sjogren's recovery.  I am over 2 years now into a protocol that has put me in complete remission.  I have had the opportunity to talk with many of you suffering with Sjogren's about how I achieved remission and I hope to hear back from you on how you are doing.  I am now completely symptom free for the most part.  The only symptom that remains for me is slight dry mouth in the middle of the night which I believe is mostly due to my habit of mouth breathing in my sleep.  The last time I posted i got a lot of vemom from some folks on this board probably because the way I posted the message, but my my intention is only to try to share my experience and hopefully to help some other folks who are suffering greatly with this disease.  I posted a blog last year with all the details of my protocol which is basically a gut healing protocol combined with an alkalizing diet.  If you might be interested in trying it please let me know.  I hope in my heart i can help some of you feel better and let you know there is truly hope fro recovery.  Here is a link to my blog.  Hope everyone has had a great Easter and hope you will feel the blessings of health this year.  Here is a link to my blog.    http://www.whatyousjo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/My-Sjogren%E2%80%99s-Recovery-Journey-_-My-Recovery-from-Sjogrens-Syndrome.pdf

BR-
Chris Repko
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

Binsky

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 07:32:18 PM »
Hi Carolina!

Thank you so much for this update!!  Have you heard from him this year at all? I wonder how he?s doing now...  It would be great if he could come back to update the group.

Your post is much appreciated, Carolina!

Cheers

Binsky

Male:  52 years old.

Confused

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 10:32:05 PM »
Annesse Brockley who wrote the "Autoimmune: The Cause and The Cure".

Did she have the double blind study done and did she have it done at the University she was going to?  No pasteuized kefir?  What about e coli, listeria and so on.  I have a bit of a problem with no pasteurization as it could put you in jeopardy for things like e-coli and so on which is a bit hard to fight even without having sjogren's.  We had someone in this state who contracted listeria (had nothing to do with the book) but the man is now bed ridden and will be that way until he passes.

I would love to see the studies from well known doctors and Universities and even Scientists.

Can you provide me with one of the top science articles?  How about "The Lancet" and such which is more in Doctor territory.

I feel much better if I can read the good reviews from well known Doctor's, Universities and articles that any Doctor would recognize along with copies of the studies.

I would appreciate any solid backing.

Thanks

Sharon

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 06:49:11 PM »
From what I recall, a few people on this forum tried to follow the protocol that
helped Chris, but without much improvement.
I hope Chris is still doing well.
Some people have spontaneous remission and we can't always be certain what led us there.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

WhatYouSjo

• What You Sjo
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 09:18:44 PM »
I read Chris's original post with interest. I wrote a blog entry, purchased the supplements, and tried Chris's protocol for nearly 6 months. I didn't really notice improvements, and I ended up stopping cold turkey with no ill effects. It may have helped him, but in my case it was not beneficial.
Seronegative male diagnosed 2014. Using generic Plaquenil, Restasis, Xiidra, low-carb diet, moderate exercise, select supplements, helminthic therapy, & LDN. My treatment regimen

My website has posts on research and news.

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 09:36:51 PM »
I sent him a PM using this forum's PM feature letting him know about this thread. Maybe he'll see it and post a response here.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

snoweye

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 10:16:07 PM »
I read Chris's original post with interest. I wrote a blog entry, purchased the supplements, and tried Chris's protocol for nearly 6 months. I didn't really notice improvements, and I ended up stopping cold turkey with no ill effects. It may have helped him, but in my case it was not beneficial.

Just out of interest, did you have troubles in your digestive system such as IBS before the onset of SS?

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 05:44:08 AM »
Any time you want to find publications of research articles on a topic do this:

Go to your search engine (I use Google)

Type in the topic of interest, for example, Sjogren's Syndrome.

Then add the term pubmed.

Sjogren's Syndrome pubmed will give you articles about scientific studies on Sjogren's Syndrome.

You can make the search term more specific if you type in two terms such as

Sjogren's Syndrome depression pubmed

You an insure that the latest articles will come up first by adding a date:

Sjogren's Syndrome depression 2018 pubmed

This is my result:

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&ei=BIT5WsL9OMy5zwKl2aWgAQ&q=Sjogren%27s+Syndrome+depression+2018+pubmed&oq=Sjogren%27s+Syndrome+depression+2018+pubmed&gs_l=psy-ab.12...20066.22191.0.24367.10.10.0.0.0.0.99.753.10.10.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.ZmSjc5PWIfI

Be prepared to 1) scan through the results to see if any of the articles that appear interest you, and 2) wade through some very technical terms in the articles that interest you.  These are scientific research papers, after all, not designed for the lay public.

Good luck searching.

If you are interested in the scientific approach to a supplement, you type in the name of the supplement and nih.

For example this is what I get for Magnesium nih.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&ei=OID5WvzBBo-jzwLa16TwDg&q=magnesium+nih&oq=magnesium+nih&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30k1l9.3805.7076.0.7442.13.13.0.0.0.0.103.1110.12j1.13.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.13.1110...35i39k1j0i131i46k1j46i131k1j0i67k1j0i131k1j0i131i20i264k1j0i20i263i264k1j0i20i264k1.0.NmpaBT958_s
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

WhatYouSjo

• What You Sjo
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 07:28:49 AM »
Just out of interest, did you have troubles in your digestive system such as IBS before the onset of SS?

I did not, which is one of the points I noted when I blogged on the subject. I believe a long-term tooth infection to be the likely cause of my SS, so it may be that I am not well-suited to his treatment.
Seronegative male diagnosed 2014. Using generic Plaquenil, Restasis, Xiidra, low-carb diet, moderate exercise, select supplements, helminthic therapy, & LDN. My treatment regimen

My website has posts on research and news.

SjoGirl

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »
As others have said the protocol may have worked for Chris. I tried similar protocols when I first became ill, none worked for me and I think that the probiotics I took caused my Rosacea to worsen.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Binsky

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »
From what I recall, a few people on this forum tried to follow the protocol that
helped Chris, but without much improvement.
I hope Chris is still doing well.
Some people have spontaneous remission and we can't always be certain what led us there.

Thanks Sharon!

Deb 27

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 06:29:19 AM »
I think I missed your original post. Did you take a specific collagen supplement or did you just take these supplements to help your collagen?? I've read some of the ingredients of collagen supplements and it's not too appetizing. If it would get me well though, I'd do it.

I too have seen a functional medicine doc and that's all I trust anymore. I have noticed some help after taking L glutathione, SPM Active fish oil and Quercetin. I fell off my gluten free and auto immune diet. Don't feel so hot right now.

Have you ever been tested for methylation mutations? I had some and also some mutations of the Vit. D. I need to get back to the doc since I have the results of these tests. I got them by downloading my 23 and me results into genetic genie.com. I need to take the methyl forms of B vitamins.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

chrisr

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 09:07:55 AM »
Hi all,

Chris R here.  I am now at the 3.5 year mark and still in remission.  Feel great.  Playing sports, lifting weights, juggling family and career again in full health.   I see that someone tried the protocol and did not improve.  This is good to know.  I wish folks would report back with me either way.  As I wrote in my blog, I was not sure if the six month anti-candida diet and anti fungals were the key to my recovery, or if it was the Hannah Yoseph protocol.  I have others who are trying to do both, but most folks just do the Hannah Yoseph protocol because it is much easier to do.  While I was on the anti candida diet I felt pretty bad the whole time.  Constantly flaring.  After six months of the anti candida diet I switched to th Hannah Yoseph protocol and started feeling better at 3 months, way better a 6 months.  So maybe killing off the yeast gave my body the ability to heal?  Not sure but I put the blog out there hoping it might help others get better.

Best wishes to all of you.

-Chris

bluegardenia

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 03:56:12 PM »
chris please whats the name of your blog? thanks
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds