Author Topic: Swollen Uvula?  (Read 213 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Swollen Uvula?
« on: April 13, 2018, 06:11:28 AM »
Dearest Sjogren's Angels,

I woke up with a swollen, sore uvula.  Not my throat, not my mouth, just my uvula (that thing that hangs down at the back of your mouth).

I, of course, Googled it, and the primary cause is dry mouth.  What?  Who knew?   Probably some of you, but this is a first for me.  I suppose it could be a sort of very localized infection, and sometimes an inflamed uvula accompanies strep throat, but my throat is fine.

Since I started IVIG infusions almost 5 years ago, I don't have infections, as a general rule.

Of course this happened on a Friday, so my 'watch and wait' will extend into the weekend.  If this gets worse I'll be debating the problem of dealing with a worsening condition on the weekend.  However, I'm not very worried.  Just annoyed at this new and unusual condition.

Anyone else have this?

Regards,  Elaine

Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

araminta

Re: Swollen Uvula?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 07:13:20 AM »
Hmm, we can never complain of boredom, can we.   New and exciting things coming along all the time.

I must say I'd never heard of this, I hope you feel better soon.   It seems gargling with warm salty water might help, also drinking a lot of water.
Dry eyes (MGD),dry nose, dry mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin, mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative and no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 10:42:54 PM »
Make sure to keep track of this so you don't end of up having to make a fast trip to ER because of obstruction of the airway. Did you start a new med or eat a new food or beverage. Good luck. Irish

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 11:44:53 AM »
The GOOD NEWS is that I don't have this problem today.  Woke up just fine.  So I hope it's just a one time thing.

Regards, Elaine
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil