Author Topic: Restasis usage poll - REQUEST ALL OF YOU TO REPOND !  (Read 1212 times)

Sharon

Re: Restasis usage poll - REQUEST ALL OF YOU TO REPOND !
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 02:23:46 PM »
Using for over 2 years.
Doesn't seem to help much (if at all?) but I was told to continue using it.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

Jenny

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 04:21:24 AM »
I tried it for a month or so, but it made my eyes burn worse so I quit.
60 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Secondary Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Plaqenil, Vimovo, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015. Need knee replaced.
4hand surgeries,

Sooki

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 03:32:58 PM »
I used it for about a year and it seemed to help a little.  I stopped for awhile because of the price and then began again.  When Xiidra came out, I had such good results with it, that I stopped the Restasis.
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, black current seed oil, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, eye ice packs, Cliradex wipes

Jasper

• P SJS; SFN; Sensory Polyneuropathy/Ganglionopathy
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 07:19:19 PM »
I have used Restasis drops since 2011 so about 7 years.

I have no problems with it and it has helped me tremendously.
ANA 1:160; SS-A+; MSG +; Plaquenil, Rituxan infusions, Restasis, HRT, Curcumin, Calcium, CoQ10, NAC, Resveratrol, Whole Omega, Omega 3, R Lipoic Acid, Acetyl L Carnitine, Krill Oil, Mag. Threonate, Bio-Collagen UC II, NAD+, & Vit A, B, C, D, E, K 1 & 2.

Deb 27

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 06:53:52 AM »
I use it twice a day and it seems to help my dryness.  I think I have some blepharitis though b/c my eyelids are often a little red. They say it's best to put a warm washcloth on your eyelids but I just don't do that.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

Nancy1950

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
I've been using Restasis for 2 years and it has made a huge difference in my eye discomfort. I have no complaints with it and can endure the mild, transitory burning when I use the drops twice a day. I would be in WAY worse shape if I didn't have Restasis.

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 05:22:24 PM »
I have used Restasis for about 8 years.  It started working for me during the 3rd week.  I could be their (very old) poster child!  After using Restasis for  several months, I saw my optometrist for a vision check-up. He said that it was the first time he'd ever seen my eyes "glisten" - and I had been his patient for  over 30 years.   
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Deb 27

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2018, 08:50:31 AM »
Using it for about 3-4 years now. Working well for me.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

katfer

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 01:31:11 PM »
I was using Restasis til Jan of this year.  I used it for several years, helped a great deal. However, my insurance company decided it wasn't going to cover it any longer and had me try another type of drop.  Long and short of it, way too expensive the insurance wouldn't cover it, $600 YIKES!  No thanks!  I'm now using over the counter again and am doing fine.
Sjogrens, autonomic neuropathy, POTS, Lyme disease, Hashimoto thyroiditis, glaucoma and cataracts. Fatigue, sleep disruptions, vitamins, supplements, probiotics, fiber, lots of water, fresh fruits,veggies, venlafaxine, eye drops, levothyroxine, aspirin and ibuprofen as needed.  gluten free, no milk.

Sweetcheex76

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »
I've been using Restasis for a little over 3 years. I also have plugs in all year ducts. I honestly don't see much difference in my tear production. There's been a few times when I've stopped it. Not sure if I saw a difference or not. In the last few weeks, I've taken I've religiously put in my 2 doses per day, as I've been flaring and I can't say it's been helping. Maybe a little.
Sjogren's, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Reynaud's, Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, ocular rosacea, rosacea, endometriosis, ADHD, anxiety, depression, pre-diabetes.

Plaquenil, Cevimeline, Tegretol, Restasis, Metformin,  Vyvanse, Xiidra, Vitamin D

ohiolady

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 06:16:44 PM »
I have used since 2007. The burning was welcomed by me because it produced watering of my eyes.My eyes have improved immensely!!!

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Gorn

• Also known as Kevin
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2018, 04:33:57 PM »
Used it for about a half a year, and it seemed like it was helping me.  I always kept it in the refrigerator to minimize the initial stinging sensation.
Unfortunately my insurance changed and the new insurance would no longer cover it. 

SassySox517

• Proverbs 3:5-6
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2018, 07:02:00 PM »
Hello, I don't use restasis ,although my eyes feel very dry (I do get very blurry vision) I have been getting by with systanes gel eye drops which I have found work the best for me and I occasionally use systanes preservatives free drops that come in individual vials (similar to what a breathing treatment comes in). I do however have a friend who uses restasis or used to anyways and she even complained that they made her eyes burn.
~SassySox517. I have Primary Sjogren's  that has a mutation that causes swelling in the neck and extreme pain. I am on the vitamin D protocol and take LDN. I have taken plaquenil, Hydrocodone, Tramadol, Marionol, and CBD oil. None of which has even scratched the surface of my pain.

Polly

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2018, 04:17:24 PM »
I was diagnosed with "dry eye" about 40 years ago and was prescribed Restasis in March. I used it until a week ago - I scratched my eye and the Restasis seemed to turn this minor scratch into a major pain! I stopped using it and my eye is almost fully healing. I've just discovered Retaine MGD drops by OcuSoft. They're great, they contain mineral oil without causing blurring. I only have one eye. I don't know if I'll go back to the Restasis, I probably will. But the doctor told me it's toxic to the cornea, maybe that explains why it made my little scratch so bad.

happylife

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »
Hi Polly

Sorry to hear what you are going through.

You have had dry eyes for 40 years?

Has your Doctor confirmed that you have sjogrens?

Do share your other sjogren symptoms and also since how many years of each symptom.

Thanks