Author Topic: Selling our house!! Need to vent-:))  (Read 396 times)

Deb 27

Selling our house!! Need to vent-:))
« on: March 30, 2018, 01:38:56 PM »
So, we are putting out house up for sale. For any of you who have done it, you know how difficult it is, how clean you have to keep it. It isn't officially going on the market until Monday but our realtor called and asked if someone could look at it tomorrow. While we appreciate an aggressive agent, there is still so much to do!!!!! It makes me nervous to be under the gun. I am not a well person and it is stressful for me. It rained today so we couldn't mow the yard. We still had some painting to do and had to buy some paint. A lot of finishing touches. 

As you all know, we can wake up any given day and be sick and we can't do a darn thing. I'm just hoping for the best. I am a little peeved the our agent was this pushy. I am hoping things will be ok down the road.    We want to get the house sold so I can retire and we can move back to our old place.

I am not sure how we are going to pull this off. It sure isn't going to be easy................

I like the saying Be Careful What You Wish For.........

Thanks for listening to me vent............
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

Ohiocat

Re: Selling our house!! Need to vent-:))
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 08:31:15 AM »
Suggestion-- have the realtor find a good house keeping service and have them help in scheduling both the service prior to the showings.   If they are being  pushy -- push back and make them be helpful
female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 08:59:13 AM »
Dear Ohiocat,

We've sold three houses (not many, by some standards).  The first sold on the first day we showed it! The second we actually sold before it was listed.  But payback came with the third, which took a year to sell.

I already had someone who cleaned my house, and she came once a week for the entire year that our house was on the market.  It was the only way the house could possibly be presentable for prospective buyers.

Now we have a marvelous cleaning service that comes every two weeks.  I cannot DO anything except manage my own functions and do laundry.  My husband cooks.  He isn't very tidy, and simply doesn't SEE the dirt, even when I point it out to him!  The cleaning service costs more money than I would like to pay, but it is vital. 

I'm sure you've already heard that you need to put half your furniture and decorative items into storage.  People want to see the 'bones' of the house, and can also be put off by personal items in a home.

It is so hard to keep everything stowed away, but essential.

I still remember vividly looking at a house with small rooms, low ceilings, and HUGE cases cases full of collectible dolls.  Small rooms and low ceilings put me off, but it was the cases full of dolls that I really remember.    Some people would have loved the dolls, of course, but.......not for me.   

The market is so much better now, and you will get through this.  You will.

Regards,  Elaine

Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 12:33:32 PM »
.hi Deb27.

Oh, moving is very stressful.  I told my kids that I would like to write a book on what we
Went through with a few silly potential buyers and situations that came up. It would be written
in a Erma Bombeck style.

Just bite your tongue, smile if you can....patience will be required too. After a showing my husband
And I compared notes and we had some really good laughs at times. Especially the one house looker
Brought her fiancee and teen daughter. The woman said if her daughter felt or detected spirits they just
Couldn't buy it. She then said that our house was just 38 years old and maybe didn't have ghosts yet.

P.s.   they didn't buy it........realtor said it was b/c of price not ghosts.

Shelly
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***

Deb 27

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 02:55:30 PM »
Shelly, I thought I had heard some stories but ghosts take the cake!!!

We had the luck of the Irish and our house sold on the first day!!!! Someone had mercy on me!!!!

Thanks for sharing your stories.
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 05:52:01 PM »
I think if a bunch of women got together they could write a best seller about house selling experiences. We were shown a home by a realtor one time....an old farm house type with the worst old basement. There was a creek out about 300 feet from the back porch. Hubby asked if it flooded any. Turns out it flooded every spring and was known to cover the whole large back forty of land and came within about 20 feet of the house. He was very proud cause water never entered the house. We almost ran to the car. Irish

Deb 27

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 12:59:37 PM »
Irish, it's funny what some people will put up with   in their home and  property.   I have moved so much Irish, I could write my own book, I'm afraid-:((((  People who live close to the water are probably used to getting flooded. You have to do your homework when buying for sure.

We are in the thick of packing. I got a knee injection yesterday, have a pulled muscle up in my shoulder but I am packing. I don't remember being quite so  gimpy the last move just two years ago. My knees don't work that well to bend.  It's going to take 3 trucks on 3 different weekends to get us moved and the drive one way is 3.5 hours. It will be worth it, but  I am starting to feel a little unsettled and hoping nothing else breaks down on my body so that I can pull my weight in this move. I just remember packing up an entire house by myself before and not that long ago..... I am not going to have a lot of time either. I hope Hubby can do a lot. Thanks for listening to me vent!!!!