Author Topic: Let's talk about the weather .....  (Read 1822 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Let's talk about the weather .....
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 05:59:22 AM »
Irish - I saw online that MN had gotten some snow.   :(  It seems too early for snow already!  Here in Central IL we had some snow flurries on Friday but they didn't amount to anything.  Strange sight to look out the window at work and see golf carts lined up and it snowing!!

My son lives in the country and walked out to his shop around 6am today and he said it was blowing a little lizard at that time. This does make me nervous as we could have a bad winter to make up for the heat this summer. We have had a lot of rain in Sept in our part of MN and the farmers are having problems getting the crops in.

Wow, it blows "lizard" in MN?  :o  I'd like to see a picture of that!   ;D  ha ha

We've had a lot of rain here too in IL and many fields of crops are still standing to be harvested.  Thankfully, they got our soybean field the beginning of October.

Irish - I hope you don't have a really bad winter this year.  One good thing, you don't have to shovel snow where you live now - you can just sit with your cup of hot chocolate and look out the window.

Take care - I think of you often.  Thank you for all you do for Sjogren's World - we are blessed to have you on staff.  (insert heart icon here) 

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Let's talk about the weather .....
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2018, 11:49:28 PM »
I went for my 3rd iron infusion today and haas a 25 mile drive both ways. It was so beautiful out. There is so much corn to be harvested yet and the golden acres were so pretty. There is still a lot of oats out also. The wind was blowing quite hard so that is good as it dries out the crops and the ground so the farmers can get the harvesting done.

Just to let you know that it has snowed earlier than this in MN. I do't remember the year but probably the early to mid 80's it snood around the first week or so of October and I think it was about 7+  inches. It was so thick on the pine trees and all the other trees and I was out walking around enjoying it. It melted but not as fast as the rain the other day.

I do have a nice view out my windows. I have 3 windows that overlook the back yard and all the pine trees and other trees. My building is a one story and is in a U shape with a a large garage in the back of it. The wind hardly gets back there so I do't get cold in my apartment and have electric heat. I bet I keep my apartment among the coolest cause you know how warm we stogies are.

Just cross your fingers the nice weather holds folks. Always glad to see you posting Bucky cause you keep things interesting for us. :) Irish