Author Topic: Let's talk about the weather .....  (Read 715 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Let's talk about the weather .....
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »
Madison - welcome to the forum!  Living in N.H. you have had your share of winter weather this year!

I hope you find this site helpful to you in your Sjogren's journey.  Those who come here "get it" and understand all the trials those with Sjogren's go through.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 05:53:46 PM »
It is April 23 and I am at my sons and will have the carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow. I will now talk about the weather. It is gorgeous. Hit almost 70 and lots of the snow melted and the best cool spring breeze. I, for one, am more than ready for spring. Yea!!!! Irish

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
Irish - I hope your surgery went well yesterday.  Snow on the ground in late April is just wrong!!  LOL  Hopefully, it will all be gone soon.

Here in Central IL I think Spring is here to stay!  Yay - about time!  We've been in the 60's and will have some more "humid" weather next week.

Along with Spring time weather, also comes rain, floods, and tornadoes.  I hope everyone has some type of "plan" in place for family members when Mother Nature displays her fury and brings ever-changing weather to the area.  Here in the U.S., I think most towns have sirens that are sounded when severe weather is in the area for people to take immediate shelter.  I'm not sure if other countries have something like that or not.

Our grass has greened up and actually needs to be mowed already!  We need to have our mower serviced first, which I'm waiting on hubby to handle (if it was up to me, I'd already have had it done!! Just say'in!!  ;) ).

I love the sounds of spring . . . the birds are happily chirping away, the wild turkeys are roaming our property and the males are strutting their stuff to find themselves a woman to mate with.  The one thing I do not like about spring is these pesky moles and ground squirrels that are tunneling under our yard and making a mess of everything!  Grrrrrrr!  Anyone have any tips on how to get rid of them? 

Our friends across the pond in Australia are in their autumn weather now.  Anybody following this thread from there that can share with us how the weather is there right now?  I love the fall colors we have here in the U.S., however, that season is so short.  I wish our trees had the brilliant fall colors year-round.  So much green with the trees and grass - we need to mix it up some!  LOL

Whatever the weather is today where you live, I hope you can get outside for a bit to enjoy the outdoors.

Have a good day.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 06:51:49 PM »
Another couple of nice days but you are warmer in Ill than we are in 
WMN.

My surgery went realky well as did the anesthesia. I really lucked out with this surgeon also. He was in and out after surgery checking on me and called me this morning to check on me as did his post op nurse. I was in and out in 3 hours for this surgery and eating at McDonalds 1/2 hour after that.  Times have sure changes.

I am doing very well and have taken 4 single tabs of 500 mgm separate times since surgery. Slept well last night and went out for ice cream today with DIL and grandsons after school and to barber with them. I have discomfort but not like I expected. I have so much less discomfort than I did prior to surgery. I was getting to the end of my rope with the left hand. Will do the other wrist in a few months when I am more healed.

Hope everyone can enjoy these nice days...I know the spring rains will show up sometime. Irish

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 09:41:22 AM »
Happy May 1st!!  Spring is FINALLY really here!! 

We were in the low 80's yesterday and will be for the next several days.  It's windy here, so all the tree & flower pollen is blowin' in the wind . . . enter seasonal allergies.  I don't take any medicine for it, but just deal with the itchy eyes and stuffy head.

With the changing seasons it also ushers in thunder storms, hail and tornadoes - which are in the forecast for the next few days.

The leaves on the trees are popping out more and more by the minute.  We've already mowed the grass once.

Enjoy the month of May and may it bring you good weather to your little corner of the world.   8)

Bucky

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 12:01:42 AM »
Well, It is May 28th and rained off and on today and was warm and muggy. Yesterday our family went to the lake for the afternoon. The breeze came up but it was warm. I later found out it was 101 soo no wonder it was miserable.

It had trouble changing seasons this year and we had a lot of cool weather this spring Well, I think summer is hear and I am on the 3rd day of using my air conditioner. Have a safe summer folk. irish

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 11:49:59 AM »
Irish - we've had the hot. humid, on again / off again, rain for the last couple weeks.  Once the temperatures get above 80, I'm too hot.  A year-round 75 degrees would be perfect!   8)  We've had the AC on for weeks already.  Some areas are just putting away their snow shovels while others are putting on their rain boots  . . . . crazy, crazy weather.

It always seems that the areas that really NEED the rain don't get it, and then areas that don't need rain, they get floods.  The TV footage of the floods in Maryland are sad - so much rain in a short amount of time.

I think in some areas of the USA even if you wanted a specialty insurance for your home/business, it isn't available (like flood insurance, tornado, hurricane, etc.).  It's a shame you have to spend so much money on insuring your belongings in case Mother Nature unleashes her fury.  Sometimes even having insurance isn't enough to replace what is lost.  I know some of our members have had to deal with losses from Mother Nature - I can't even imagine all the paperwork, time, phone calls, etc. it takes to try and fix things.

We're suppose to be getting some rain here in IL that is part of the remnants of Hurricane Alberto as it comes North.

Stay safe everyone.

Bucky

finallyadx

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 06:12:58 PM »
Weather in the Northeast today, June 18th - hot - like 86, sunny for awhile, but then severe thunderstorms and cooled down to 72...living in the NE - weather unpredictable! 
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc