Author Topic: FYI: CMV linked to Sjogrens  (Read 506 times)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
FYI: CMV linked to Sjogrens
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:07:36 AM »
I just got a new issue of Life Extension. lifeextension.com/protocols for the actual information. Irish had suggested CMV as a virus to look into a number of years ago. They also spoke of using Omega-3, maquiberry, and white peony as part of a better management for Sjogren's. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 04:29:39 AM by Linda196 »
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

jazzlover

Re: FYI: CMV linked to Sjogrens
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:06:24 PM »
I found out last year that my CMV count is HIGH.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

jazzlover

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
The link ...

lifeextension.com/Protocols/Immune-Connective-Joint/Sjogren-Syndrome/Page-01
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:35:43 AM by Linda196 »
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

SjoGirl

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »
Joe, thanks for sharing. I still say that part of the reason I have Sjs, in addition to hormonal changes, were a series of viral infections, including a very severe case of the Norovirus.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Sharon

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 05:45:59 PM »
I was tested and never had CMV.
I also tried maquiberry and it did nothing for me... :-\
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

Deb 27

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 07:45:59 AM »
That was a very nice article Joe.  Thanks for posting that.  I noticed at the end they mentioned the B vitamins as well that I posed about a few days ago. I worked in  health care before the days of universal precautions in a lab. I have very high titers to a lot of viruses  that my Functional Medicine doc was worried about. I don't think CMV was one of the viruses but it doesn't really matter. I had a few others including EBV. I think one was the Parvo virus and the others a Herpes virus, not "the" herpes virus but another one.

Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 08:25:12 AM »
I still believe in nano-bacteria and the other nano parasites and two or three part combinations that create auto immune disease. This may be just one that has shown up. There may be more out there to find.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism