Author Topic: "retired"  (Read 993 times)

Lotus1

"retired"
« on: February 09, 2018, 05:46:30 PM »
Hi all

I retired from work on Thursday 8th Feb.

Now I can have a sleep when my eyes get too much for me :)

Now doubt it'll take a while to feel like I'm on more than holidays.

Feeling relieved & happy.

Take care.

Lotus1

anastasia

Re: "retired"
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 06:09:36 PM »
Congratulations!  I hope you see improved health when the stress of working is removed.  Relax and  take care of YOU!
Anastasia.

araminta

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 03:26:09 AM »
I'm sure you'll feel better now you know you can rest when you need to. :)
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 06:49:36 AM »
Happy retirement!
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Lotus1

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 02:03:48 PM »
Thank you for sharing in my happiness everyone.

It should sink in when I don't have to rush around for work tomorrow morning, have a sleep in the afternoon, bliss.......

Do take care all of you.

Lotus1

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 06:03:54 AM »
Best of luck.
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

SjoGirl

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »
Congratulations! May this change make your life with Sjogrens more manageable.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 11:03:13 PM »
Congratulations!
Happy, and restful retirement.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 08:12:31 PM »
I have been retired now for going on 15 years. The years have gone so fast. I haven't gotten nearly as many things done as I wanted to due to the blessed autoimmune diseases we have. But, I have to admit that not having to work was a blessing cause I had worked sick for so many years. Being able to stay home when the blizzards hit is really a blessing. I am one of those people who loves a good snow storm and didn't mind driving to work, but the stress of dealing with bad weather and other issues seems to increase over the years.

Hope that you can rest and enjoy the days more and be able to do some of the things you haven't been able to do over the years. Irish

Lotus1

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 04:18:17 PM »
Yes, I'll enjoy life more and get things done slowly.

Not having to go to work is a blessing in itself.

My diagnosing GP was really happy I made the decision to leave office work.

Take good care of yourselves all you good people.

Thank you again for sharing in my 'joyfulness'.

Lotus1

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 10:58:09 AM »
Congratulations, Lotus!

I retired at age 58, which was 18 years ago (wow). 

I had been treated for severe CAD, and had one of those years where I was rolled into the surgical suite 6 times in 10 months.   So I wanted some stress out of my life.

I am one this fortunate people who didn't develop major Immune Disorder related problems until age 60.  And even then the Immune Disorders didn't really begin to disable me until about age 66-67.

So I had a very enjoyable retirement for several years, active, hosting grandchildren for 6 weeks at a time, volunteering, bridge, book clubs, etc.

One of the biggest benefits were NEVER shopping on the weekends,  waking up when I wanted to (most of the time), and 'feeling rested' rather than 'rushed'.

You will find great pleasure in retirement.

Hugs,  Elaine

Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

Deb 27

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 01:19:55 PM »
Congratulations to you Lotus!!!!! You sound very content with your decision too.   I hope you see some improvements in your health and get to enjoy life at an easier pace!!!
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

jazzlover

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2018, 07:32:26 PM »
Congratulations!! I hope you will begin to feel better and better!!

I was forced into early retirement at age 43, so I've been retired a long time. The loss of income has been pretty devastating at times.

We recently received a big financial break and we are so grateful. I hope you will do OK on the financial end.

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

lorigacc

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 09:04:57 AM »
Congratulations Lotus1!  So happy for you :)

lorigacc
Secondary Sjogrens, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Osteoporosis, Vertebral Compression Fractures, Kyphosis, Hiatal hernia
   Plaquenil, Forteo injections, Restasis, Prinivil, Ecotrin, Calcium, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Fish Oil

Lotus1

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 03:00:33 PM »
Yes, finance is always a concern.

With hubby on a disability pension, we are working on the financial part.

I'm thankful I can retire and enjoy life more.

So enjoying not racing off to work and the days are flying by so far.

My dry eyes love more sleep :)
I only have very limited time on the computer, great!

Lotus1