Author Topic: why does pain move?  (Read 774 times)

rowergirl

why does pain move?
« on: January 21, 2018, 08:34:14 PM »
Newly diagnosed by primary care physician, based on positive SSB, but must wait months to see Rheum.  Can anyone explain why Sjogrens' pain moves around?  I had pain in one knuckle for months...then my neck...then briefly in a shoulder...now in one of my ankles.  What's going on inside the body?  Why the joints...and why does pain come and go, and move around throughout the body?  I can almost understand this sort of pain with a condition like Lyme Disease, as I visualize  -- correctly or not -- the microscopic spirochete moving around the body.  But I can't make sense of Sjogrens. Any insight?

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
Re: why does pain move?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:07:01 AM »
Well, I can tell you you're not imagining it, but you knew that already!

I don't know what the mechanisms are. I can say something vague like "you have inflammation in different areas at different times", but again, that really doesn't answer the question.

And then there's the way it impacts so many different systems - joints, muscles, nerves.

Wish I had better answers, but wanted to at least acknowledge your question.

Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

SjoGirl

Re: why does pain move?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 10:22:00 AM »
I don't know why it moves either, just that I had the same experience when I first got sick. As it turns out I have multiple issues that cause  pain including osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, stenosis and other ailments. So, I have legitimate pain in various body parts, not all caused by SjS.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.