Author Topic: Moving again.  (Read 369 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Moving again.
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:11:34 PM »
Well, this has been as interesting few months. I had my first post op apt with neuro surg. and my x-rays look good and I am healing, I can now lift 20 pounds til my March appt. The down thing is that I have a lot of symptoms similar to before surgery and it takes months and sometimes years for this to get better. Sometimes some ailments don't go away. The good thing is the ailments are less than before....worst is my hands and upper arms which are having a lot of neuro pains and numbness. This is from the medial nerve which was damaged when my spinal cord was pinch so long. My bladder seems to be improving some and it seems that my brain is more clear than it was before. I have come to the conclusion that having a pinched spinal cord does not improve your cognition and emotional being.

I have trouible keyboarding and can't write very well. Doing too much is really hard and send me to my rocker with ice packs. But... came home from doctor and being out of town for 3 days to a phone call from a Realife coop and went and looked at the apartment and paid money down. I am now trying to pack some and get more organized. Have to get house ready for sale and get the bathroom remodel done in order to sell it. I am fortunate that I am only a few block from this coop so moving will not be so hard and can do some every day. My boys are trying to set up days to move me. The big hope is that my house sells fast so I don't go broke. This is called faith I believe.

In the past couple of weeks my sister had a small stroke and is in a facility and this gave me the moxie to get on the ball and get this part of my life over with. The past couple of years have been somewhat miserable and I have to admit that having my spinal fusion sure seemed to take pressure off of a lot of my body. I am not healthy or perfect but better that before. I was very fortunate to find a great surgeon and to have recovered as well as I did.Life is never too dull is it. Well, it can be but we just have to take one day at a time cause otherwise we would lose our marbles., Thanks again folks. Take care. Irish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Moving again.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:13:17 PM »
(((Hugs)))
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

angeldancer

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »
Peace and many blessings to you!
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

araminta

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 04:01:29 AM »
Very glad you are getting some good relief from your symptoms, even if some problems still remain.

Being in the UK I didn't know what a Realife Co-op was, so googled it.   I see it is living in a suported community, and takes away all the awful house and garden chores, plus you always have people around to talk to.   It sounds just right for you.   I wish you all the best with selling your house, and with the move.   I'm glad you sons will be helping.
Dry eyes (MGD),dry nose, dry mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin, mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative and no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes.

Jenny

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 04:57:47 AM »
Sounds perfect for you! Best of luck.
60 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Secondary Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Plaqenil, Vimovo, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015. Need knee replaced.
4hand surgeries,

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 06:20:20 PM »
Irish,
I am so sorry to hear of those things that do give you a hard time. I am thankful for you for those that are better, and yes life is never dull. You are always in my prayers.

Hugs,
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane, Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventil.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »
Irish - there's never a dull moment, huh?  I'm glad you are better.

I'm happy to hear you are moving into the Co-op - there, you will be around other seniors and have the interaction with others that lacks living in your home by yourself.  I hope your house sells quickly for you and you can get settled into your new apartment.

Thank you for all you do for Sjogren's World - even when your hands aren't working right and you're not feeling good.  You're such a blessing to us!

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
Thanks so much for all your well wishes and support., Tonight I talked to the manager of the coop where I am moving. It seems like I will take possession and can start cleaning this next week. They have to put ion new carpet sod the big stuff can't be moved til then. I ama trying to keep from hyperventilating as I am feeling overwhelmed with this move so fast. I feel better but my brain moves slower than it used to. I will have time after the big move to finish up some of the waller things but I do feel a sort of push to list the house. Moving to town was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. There were many extenuating circumstances at the time and I just felt I had to make the move. Things will probably work out for the best but it is sure a lesson in patience and humility at my age. I did not realize how much my health had deteriorated cause I was caring for my hubby so long and was so exhausted. Plus I think I hjad this darn kink in my spinal cord back then as have had pain many places for so long.

So my humble advice before you move is even though you think it is the right thing to do question yourself and your friends and try to think of all the things that might not be supportive for you. It is tough sorting this stuff out when we have health issues and are older and then add trying to manage the money aspect. Thanks again all. Hugs. Irish

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
Dear Irish,

I hope your next move is one that will be a positive choice. It is so hard making the bigger decisions when we are ill.

You are so special. I will never ever forget how you were so supportive for me when I was still working, and so afraid to quit thinking we would not make it and end up with no home. Everything did work out.

Me and hubby do the same trying to just help each other out. He knows your name when I say Irish.

I love you dear Irish, and hope when you get settled you are still here when you can be.

Hugs,
susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane, Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventil.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 12:06:58 AM »
Thank you for that Susan. I surely do remember those tough days you had. And, yes, you did make it through them. You are a tough gal and have a lot of faith. Hugs. Irish

lorigacc

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 12:45:10 PM »
Love you Irish...you are always in my prayers
Secondary Sjogrens, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Osteoporosis, Vertebral Compression Fractures, Kyphosis, Hiatal hernia
   Plaquenil, Forteo injections, Restasis, Prinivil, Ecotrin, Calcium, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Fish Oil

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 12:55:02 PM »
Irish,

I am thinking of you as you begin yet another new phase. My mother has dementia and is in Florida with no family. I am in the process of moving her to a continuous care retirement community with various levels of care. I understand what you are going through. It is overwhelming, especially with minimal help. I hope that you have some family & friends to help you. I hope that some of your symptoms will settle down (though it can be especially hard when trying to move).

We must all hang onto our faith with this journey and all that comes with it.
You are special!

Keep Smiling!
SjoDry
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »
Dear Irish,

I'm beginning the process of moving (probably to a continuing care community) some time this year.  I will make the move alone, since my husband wants no part of this decision.

I am almost immobilized by my disability, and don't drive, so this presents me with many challenges.  I do have family near by, and will have to rely upon them.

My Daughter-in-law has worked as an Occupational Therapist in this area for many years, and she will be a great help in finding the right place for me.

One issue will be the cost, of course, and disentangling our finances in order to manage the cost will be required. And we will need to sell our house, I think.

I think I just need go back to bed and get more rest, to even begin contemplating the coming year!

All of our Angels who have moved, more than one in many cases, while dealing with our 'conditions' have my admiration and respect.

Regards, Elaine
Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

MAT51

• Hashimoto's, SN RA, Primary Sjogren's, SFN
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 08:55:41 AM »
Hi Irish. Sorry to learn of your sister’s stroke but glad that it has helped you focus on your future needs at least. We have relocated 4 times in the past 2 years - not really as planned but through circumstances beyond our control. However we finally settled into our new home in April last year and love it “to infinity and beyond”. Moving house is always very hard unless a person is fabulously fit and wealthy. So I’m glad you’re fitting in with when your children can do the bulk of it for you and I hope it all goes swimmingly - including a quick sale. X
Hashimoto's, seronegative RA, Primary Sjogren's, small fibre nld polyneuropathy, hypertension, IBS-C, GORD, BMS, highly allergic disposition!

ohiolady

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 07:59:09 PM »
Irish,

Best wishes in your new move. I bet you will be a lot happier there with other seniors. I think it does the body good to interact with others in similar circumstances.

I hope this new year in your new home will bring a much needed new beginning.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62