Author Topic: What's cooking at your house?  (Read 2089 times)

SjoGirl

Re: What's cooking at your house?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 03:45:15 PM »
Just tried making some chicken planks coated in egg and potato chips, you then bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, it's yummy.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 06:52:40 AM »
The convention that Jan cooks for is over so we have some leftovers:
Beef tips
Chicken wild rice stew
Beef Strogeon off
BBQ Chicken
BBQ pork
Build your own pasta: Alfredo, Marinara, noodles, meat balls, mock Crab, Shimp
Chilli
vegan potato soup
variety of sandwiches, breads, meats, cheeses
Vegetables
Waffles, fruit, whip cream, oatmeal, eggs and 3 types of bacon
Enough food for 3 meals per day for 100 people.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2018, 09:45:30 PM »
I was wondering a while back if Jan was still doing all that cooking for the convention---bless her heart cause that is a lot of hours standing on ones feet and hard work. But....if she likes to cook she enjoys it.

Nice to have leftovers also. Can invite the relatives over to eat also. Take care. Irish

Carebear

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2018, 09:57:51 PM »
I made my spaghetti sauce, meatballs and linguine tonight.  Then we finished the meal with homemade brownies and chocolate sauce, served with way too much vanilla ice cream.  What an accomplishment!  The cooking and baking, not the eating!
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 09:19:44 AM »
Did anyone make corned beef for St. Pats day. I didn't but used to do the corned beef, carrots, onions, potatoes, cabbage in water to simmer ono the stove for hours. It was so yummy. Not good for reflux or low sodium diets though. Irish

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018, 03:20:05 AM »
I made CB&C! Family tradition, and I'm not sure what dire consequences would befall if I didn't!

Slow simmered corned beef in ale, then and hour before supper, I take it out, spread with a bit of mustard and brown sugar and finish in the oven for a nice glaze. Meanwhile I add chopped cabbage, carrot, turnip and potato to the broth and simmer that. Add an Irish soda bread farl made with oat flour (even my gluten sensitive granddaughter can eat it) and Irish shortbreads for dessert, and the Irish eyes around here are smiling!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2018, 05:51:16 PM »
That sounds so good. Using the mustard and brown sugar rub would really kick it up a notch. Also the turnip would really be good. Some of these "earthy" meals just hit the spot and are so much healthier and tasty than the fast food these days. Thanks for sharing. Irish

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 12:07:08 PM »
Mmmmm, you guys are making me hungry!!  (except for the CB&C . . I'll pass on that one  ;) )

I think my hubby and I are in a food rut . . . same things over and over.

I did cook a pork roast this week that was good - we're still eating off of it.

Whenever hubby gets in the mood to make something it ends up a huge mess in the kitchen - ugh!  I hate the cleanup part.

It's been a snowy Saturday here in Central IL today - might be a pot of chili night.  Hmmmmm

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)