Author Topic: coma  (Read 1177 times)

Confused

coma
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:45:37 PM »
my computer lost everything on it.
Thank you all for the prayers.
I will try to write a bit more later but I hit a major flare and need to get it under control.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: coma
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:37:12 AM »
(((Hugs))) please take care of you. I know that this is a tough time for you.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Confused

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 04:15:49 PM »
I would highly recommend that if you should have the time to check out what hospital you would plan to use should you find yourself needing one in the future.  My brother woke up from his coma but was treated so badly that he informed them he was leaving and would die at home.  He could barely breathe.
He actually ended up at the other hospital in the city he lives in and what a change!  The first hospital said I didn't exist, would give me no information, you could write your name as the top one to contact should there be an emergency and you did not have to have any references or be blood related.  Yet I didn't exist at the first hospital despite the fact I had been contacted about 2 months earlier.
Second hospital, which I had no idea my brother had landed there had two doctors call me and fill me in.  He had no chance or a very slight chance of making it and they explained more but I stopped the docs and I said just do whatever he wants and make him comfortable.  I was also able to talk to him and they even jumped up whatever air device he was on to 95 so he could talk to me.  We got to say our goodbyes.

More amazing was a visit the next morning by someone.  My brother was alert, coherent and wanted to talk with said person.  It was a life changer.  He died later that day, but in peace and no pain and he was actually looking forward to the transition.  The doctors gave him comfort as they promised, but the peace came from elsewhere.

So, if you have the chance, really check out a hospital especially ICU and CCU as well as what information you and your family can really get! 

Thanks Joe

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 06:43:26 PM »
This week we completed our estate planning. The durable power of attorney for medical, POA for financial and our trust funds have been set up. Attorney fees $3200.

The paperwork for my Drivers license crossed in the mail with the paperwork to take it away. (I am on insulin). So, my drivers license is still valid.

I will try to reschedule my oral surgery for a month further out to bring BP and BS into better ranges and have Jan home for post op.

Take care of your self.
Joe 
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Confused

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 12:45:02 AM »
Joe
You need to take care of yourself!  The prices for setting up final wishes are beyond my comprehension and this is for just nothing special.  I do not know how people can charge such prices and then keep adding on crazy little things that are in no way needed.  You were smart to do the planning early.  My husband and I will but my brother was a complete surprise and we had no idea he was in such bad shape.  When I would talk with him he sounded like everything was perfect and he sounded good.

I am so glad your drivers license is still valid, but am sorry to hear of the oral surgery and will ask for your BP and BS to be in good ranges.

You take care of yourself and may both you and Jan find that maybe things will make a turn for the better.  I have seen surprises, so you never know.

Thank you for caring and may everything work out smoothly.  May your surgery be an easy one.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 06:47:33 AM »
We had our wills drawn up, with durable power of attorney, but NO TRUSTS.

The cost was much less than $2,000 (I think more like $1,200) and this was with a very reputable attorney.  I don't remember the exact cost since this was in 2012.

My guess is that it was the trusts that raised the price so high for Joe.

Research into hospitals and services and quality should be done NOW, not when there is a need.  However, if EMTs take you to the nearest hospital when you are unconscious, what can you do?

I know where I'd want to be taken and can only hope my husband has a say in the matter.

Regards,  Elaine
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil