Author Topic: Members on the Eastern Coast of U.S.  (Read 108 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Members on the Eastern Coast of U.S.
« on: January 04, 2018, 07:31:16 PM »
Thinking of our members who live on the U.S. East Coast as you deal with the Nor'easter that is going through the area bringing coastal flooding, snow, ice, blizzard conditions, power outages, and bringing travel on the roads and in the air to a halt.

Please be careful if you have to be out in those conditions.  If you don't HAVE to be out, stay inside.

Take care and be safe.

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Members on the Eastern Coast of U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:45:32 PM »
Glad you mentioned this Bucky. The scenes on TV of out east are scary and remind me of many years ago when we had so much snow and cold.

It is over so much of the nation and can really be hard on the chronically ill. I had to run errands the other day and just the in and out of the car and buildings was so hard on me. I sleep for many hours over the next 2 days cause I was so exhausted from this. I will not do this again as I have learned just how much it affects me.

I would assume that there are many of you out there who suffer from the cold. Please have friends or neighbors help you with picking up meds and groceries to protect yourselves. The cold is to let up in MN this weekend so hope there are other places that the temperature will warm up.

It is even cooler or colder in the southern states and into the southwest so there are a lot of chronically ill who will need to take heed. Keep warm and safe. Irish

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Members on the Eastern Coast of U.S.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:49:58 AM »
Oh dear, this is the Bomb Cyclone!

How they come up with these terms, I'll never know.

Right now we are having temps in the teens....this is North Carolina, near the coast, and our January temps are usually:

Average high temperature:   50.7°F
Average low temperature:   29.6°F
Average temperature:   40.2°F
Average Precipitation:   3.43 inch
Average snowfall:   2 inch

So you can see that 10 degrees F this morning continues to be a shock!

At least the sun is shining brightly.

Elaine
Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil