Author Topic: If yoiu want tell us your holdiday plans.  (Read 139 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
If yoiu want tell us your holdiday plans.
« on: December 20, 2017, 09:05:57 PM »
We don't do much exciting these past years. We have gotten so we have order pizza while for after opening the presents. This year I am taking family out to eat on Saturday. That is my present to my kids and spouses this year as it has been a tough year. Kids still get presents of course.

This way of celebrating has made it easier on the DILs and me but I know my sons are suffering from loss of mashed potatoes and gravy, turkey and all the fixings. Also miss the leftover turkey sandwiches.

Everyone stay safe and warm. Even a Christmas alone can be meaningful if we make some special plans for ourself. Special movie, special food, Special lighting, music, etc. Time goes so fast and the world is so full of "issues" that just a quiet time at home is meaningful. Don't forget the free meals offered at different churches, etc, Take and friend and enjoy,. Merry Christmas Irish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: If yoiu want tell us your holdiday plans.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 03:50:12 AM »
We are traveling about 45 min to our daughters house on the south side of the metroplex we live in. The big meal is going to be chicken and hard dumplings, a family favorite. After lunch, we go to the bowl zone and I watch. They have about 2 hours of fun and we go back to Sarah's house for supper. I do not think that we are having anyone else over for Christmas like we do for Thanksgiving.

It should be quite. They may talk us into a movie if there is one the grandkids can see.

I will spend most of my time in the recliner.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 09:01:29 AM »
Nice idea, Irish.

Christmas Eve we've invited the family (son, his wife, and four kids) to our house for take-out Chinese.  That meal is always a hit with the kids.

Christmas day we are going to their house (15 minutes away) for brunch.  Should as low key as anything can be with four kids and two dogs.

I can't do much these days, and I'm so grateful my new daughter-in-law (second marriage for both, married in 2014) is loving, generous and kind.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 08:58:16 AM »
Hi  :)

We're heading south west tomorrow to my youngest daughter's. We have 2 grandchildren there age 4 and 2. My oldest daughter and youngest son are heading there too and we plan to have an online chat with my oldest son - in the US (we live in England) and his two children aged 7 and 1. I don't think the cousins have ever seen each other so that will be interesting.

Oldest daughter and youngest son will be heading to their respective homes the following day but hubby and I are staying for Christmas and will head home on Boxing Day.

Christmas night in a Travelodge! Last year we were in MO with the oldest son and had a totally t-total, vegan Christmas, which probably did us a world of good!

Take care everybody and all have a Cool Yule!      x x x  :) Scottie

http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!