Author Topic: Christmas tree ornaments  (Read 130 times)

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
Christmas tree ornaments
« on: December 07, 2017, 06:22:24 AM »
Ok, I've been feeling wiped a lot lately, but here's the proof that all is not as it should be.

I put 1 box of ornaments on the tree, and now I need to lay down and rest.  Just 12 ornaments, and now I need to collapse. Now that's lack of stamina!

Oh, grumble grumble grumble.

Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Christmas tree ornaments
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:32:54 AM »
The lack of stamina is a constant struggle. Walking and exercise was good while i could do it. Now the steps into the house are a mountian. Do the best you can. If you find a solution, let us know.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:50:51 PM »
Ah, Joe, don't I wish. Luckily this particular problem ebbs and flows. I've been on the poorer end of things since late September, and this was the latest in a series of "ain't it awful" problems.  Even at my best I've a tough time with stairs and standing for more than 10 - 15 minutes, but this is definitely the bad bit.

Bet if I tells someone I took four days to trim my tree, they'd think it was a lot bigger and a lot fancier than it is.

Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 06:46:33 PM »
I trim one little section at a time.  (Re-hanging the ornaments my husband has hung ALL WRONG, as well, but shhhh, don't tell him).

I do this sitting down, so I don't think much will happen at the top, unless I get more adventurous.

We do what we can.  Everyone does that.....   And we often remember how we used to buzz around decorating the entire house, raising children, working full time and conquering the world. 

But not now. 

I took a bit more of my corticosteroid (Medrol) today and the difference was amazing.  Fatigue lessened, depression lifted, and pain faded away......

Regularly I take 2 mg every other day, but I was in a flare state (which I'm slow to recognize) so I took 4 mg.

I manage my own taper when the flare sneaks up on me.  The end of the year, the closing in of the days, the 'holiday sadness', always brings me down.   I used to 'throw myself' into activities.  But that can't happen now.

Just hang a shining star upon the the highest bough (that you can reach)
And have yourself a Merry Little Christmas now.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Amitriptyline-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 06:53:33 PM »
You can proud that you got that done. Now you can enjoy the tree and rest. Irish