Author Topic: Gene therapy "corrects SJS"  (Read 238 times)

Sharon

Gene therapy "corrects SJS"
« on: December 03, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »
I just want to give a stage to this amazing study that could potentially even "cure" Sjogren's Syndrome in some sufferers:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4878512/

Unfortunately it has yet to be picked up for further research funding.

Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

WhatYouSjo

• What You Sjo
Re: Gene therapy "corrects SJS"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:35:49 AM »
Thanks for posting this Sharon. There are a lot of hurdles to jump in order to get from mouse trials to a successful human product, but it's always good to have such promising options. It's interesting that they found that systematic inflammation was also resolved with this therapy; if nothing else, it will hopefully help advance our understanding of the underlying mechanisms of SS.
Seronegative male diagnosed 2014. Using generic Plaquenil, Restasis, Xiidra, low-carb diet, select supplements, helminthic therapy, LDN, and CBD. My treatment regimen

You can visit my website at http://www.whatyousjo.com

Sharon

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 03:07:40 PM »
My thoughts exactly WhatYouSjo.
Their findings of a correlation between water permeability dysfunction and systemic inflammation
are a breakthrough.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 

CureSjogrensNow

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 10:26:58 AM »
Why don't we help fund it?

Sharon

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 01:39:44 PM »
I'm not sure how that's done, but I would be willing to contribute towards its development.
Maybe get the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation involved?

CureSjogrensNow

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
I will try and contact them and see what the hold up is? And a potential budget?