Author Topic: THE MOVE  (Read 299 times)

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
THE MOVE
« on: December 01, 2017, 02:37:58 PM »
hi to all.

Some may recall a post I made concerning a house we intended to buy (sept 2015)
that a week before closing we were given the keys to and we discovered
a wet moldy basement...with soil coming into from the outside and all 4 basement windows
the glass was gone. we backed out.

well...we bought a 1920 bungalow last year and we worked on it till a few months ago
(I didn't but hubby did and what workers we hired here and there). we moved into the house
on October 30th and we just sold/closed on our old house last week.

It was tiring and all I had to do was tell people where to put things and what I packed
I did from sitting down on a small stool. It was difficult and a mental strain on all the
little details such as collecting empty boxes, newspapers, changing address to all
banks , utilities , insurance, relatives...etc.......

However, I am happy to report I did not experience any bad effects to my health.
No flares...no illness of any kind. Just a bone/muscle weariness of having a good
workout. I worried about my health going kaput during this important time but
I was spared.

I will be 60 in December and I feel this is our last move other than to a seniors apt.
or nursing home...which I hope that doesn't happen.

take care all.

shelly
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: THE MOVE
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 03:52:33 PM »
Sounds like you did great with the move. I hope that you and your husband enjoy your new home!
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 07:52:32 PM »
Shelly - congrats on your new home!  I've never moved lock, stock, and barrel into another home - but, I'm sure it is a daunting task.  When I moved from OH to IL when I got married, I only brought what I could fit in my car (no furniture - just boxes).

I'm glad you noticed the moldy basement before you moved in to the other house from 2015 - that would have been awful.

Now that you've had a little over a month in your new home - how's everything?  Have you gotten all the boxes all sorted out and some unpacked?

I hope you new home brings you and your hubby much happiness.

Bucky

P.S.  Happy belated birthday!   :)
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 11:49:23 PM »
HI Bucky.

Everything is in its place. We even managed to have Thanksgivng and Christmas in our
New home...we somehow got it done.

Packing and moving did force me to eliminate lots of stuff we have accumulated over the years.
It was liberating to give some things away.

Spring will be here soon and then we can get started on the outside.....fun...fun.

Shelly
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 09:14:11 PM »
Glad you ate settled and happy and able to downsize. This is a big step isn't it. Lots of stress and the potential for killing ourselves with overwork is very hard to deal with. We want to do it all but our body isn't able. Good luck. Irish