Author Topic: How long does it take to get over viral bronchitis?  (Read 149 times)

Nymph

How long does it take to get over viral bronchitis?
« on: November 30, 2017, 03:14:28 AM »
I have been sick since Novembem 4th. First it was a clod, followed up by apparently viral bronchitis and sinusitis (no fever). I am still hacking away with only a very slight abatement in the amount of mucus. No matter how much Mucinex and NAC I take, it is still so thick. I also appear to be starting a flare with greater mouth and eye dryness. I don't usually get bronchitis so I am hoping that the Internet prophecy of 4 weeks will come true... but this currently seems unlikely.

Any other tips to speed it along? What is your experience?
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

Nomad

Re: How long does it take to get over viral bronchitis?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:40:31 PM »
I've had tremendous luck with Oil of Oregano capsules by Gaia. Twice a day when sick.
It just seems to shorten colds and upper respitiry issues.
I also take extra vitamin C (chewable or buffeted)
Get rest
Drink lots of water and hot tea
Drink chicken soup

You might have to take prednisone and/or a different antibiotic.

But consider the Oil of Oregano plus, of course, what  you've been given by your doctor.
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 05:59:03 AM »
Bronchitis can seem to take for ever to improve.  I am usually miserable for 2 weeks, and improving so slowly for the next 4 weeks that I think I'm never going to get better.

And yet here I am NOT having bronchitis.  So it does get better.

I now have IVIG every four weeks for my Immune Deficiency (very low in the infection fighter, the antibody IgG).

And I haven't been sick for four years with anything but cold sores (that virus is so persistent!).

I wish I could be more encouraging about recovery time.  For me, it took about 6 weeks.  And before I started IVIG, I was sick again with something in about 2 weeks.  No fun.

Regards,  Elaine

PS  When I had viral bronchitis, I often began to wish I had pneumonia and could be hospitalized, just for some 'validation' for my misery.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:21:48 AM by Carolina »
Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Amitriptyline-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

Nymph

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:30:37 PM »
Thanks, guys.

I am taking oil of oregano on recommendations from here... probably you, Nomad. I am at least avoiding catching anything else at teh elementary school where I work.

I know, Elaine. It would be nice if it were something treatable but all signs pointed to it just being viral. I am in the slowly getting better stage, but you are right... it is SO SLOW! I feel pretty good over all but I am so tired of the cough, the phlegm, the spasms, the feeling that something is caught in my throat. Yuck. I guess I will just try to stay patient and to keep from getting sick again after this!
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 03:55:24 PM »
If it is the mycoplasma version, it may stick with you until this summer.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism