Author Topic: Cervial fusion nesxt week  (Read 527 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Cervial fusion nesxt week
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 06:24:02 AM »
Dearest Irish,

Venture forth into the land of cervical surgery, and return with reports for those of us who haven't been there yet.

We eagerly await your reports.

Regards, Elaine
Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Amitriptyline-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 12:35:25 PM »
Irish,

Best of luck to you. I have had 2 neck surgeries (discectomy/fusion) in the same area. Though surgery is a hassle, living without pain (or significantly less pain) is often worth it. Hope everything goes well for you &
you get quick relief.

Take Care.
SjoDry
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

rudytudy1

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »
Hi Irish, If you've had your surgery by now I hope it went very smoothly.

Last Christmas I had spinal lumbar fusion surgery on L4 L5 due to cord compression which caused right leg giving out at knee and screaming sharp pain shooting down my leg.

My surgery was successful.  No pain now and all sharp pain is gone and legs are very stable. 

BUT it does take many months of baby steps as the nerves around the surgery heal.   Nerves give off weird pains over time as they stitch together.   You may also feel pains were you didn't have them before as the surgery heals.

Be patient and do very light duty for a very long time and all will be well.    It took me 10 months for all pain and weird back soreness to go away. 
 .......and PLEASE get off pain killers within a week if you can as I was constipated completely from the day of surgery until 14 days later when I stopped ALL PAIN meds except regular Tylenol.    Prune juice won't do it if you're still taking pain killers.

take care.
gina
Lupus, secondary Sjogren's Syndrome, fibromyalgia

dx-2009

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 05:27:09 PM »
Well, Had the surgery on Wednesday at 1:00PM and went home the next day at about 4 PM. I had some IV morphine in recovery and nothing but Tylenol since. I seem to tolerate pain quite well for some reason.
This is the 9 th surgery I have had including the teeth being pulled under anesthesia. The hospital I go to has some great anesthesiology and I had my first surgery there in 1999. They are so good at doing general anesthesia on me without using muscle relaxants which cause trouble in people like me who have myasthenia gravis.

I have been at my sons house where I spend time when I go for monthly IVIG. I was I'm too good of shape to go anywhere for after care so I did save myself some money that way. I will go back home this next weekend when son and wife take me. I cant drive for 2 weeks.

I had a ACDF which is an anterior cervical discectomy fusion of C4C5. The doc used cadaver bone and titanium to hold it together. He said I could be dropped on my head and nothing would move.  My doctor has done 900 of these surgeries so I am hopeful that all will be ok. Rioght now I am dealing with my upper chest or lower throat that is acting like an infection is trying to start. Maybe irritated from the intubation. With the dryness we sjoggies have this is very possible.

I will go into more details after I get home. My fingers are still sore and hurt to type. Thanks all. Irish

Jenny

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 04:02:14 AM »
Good new and great that you aren?t in much pain. Take it slow and steady.
60 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Secondary Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Plaqenil, Vimovo, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015. Need knee replaced.
4hand surgeries,