Author Topic: Cervial fusion nesxt week  (Read 528 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Cervial fusion nesxt week
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »
I went to my new neurosurgeon today and have cord compression at C4-C5. It was interesting seeing the scans as it looks like someone tied a string around my cord and pulled a little tight. I will be so glad to have this done even though I hate surgery.

I would advise anyone with back pain and numbness of any kind check with a doctor as it may be more than you anticipate. We get all these aches and pains and always attribute them to our autoimmune disease. Prime symptoms of my issues is headache and neck pain and I had neither so didn't get the connection at first. Thanks all. Irish

araminta

Re: Cervial fusion nesxt week
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 02:46:35 AM »
That's a good point Irish, we start to assume everything is part of the same syndrome.   I wish you all the best with the surgery and hope you get good relief from the pain and numbness.
Dry eyes (MGD),dry nose, dry mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin, mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative and no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 08:13:04 AM »
I hope your surgery goes well and you can reduce your pain. (((Hugs)))
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Spring

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »
Best wishes on your surgery Irish! You are sooo right on how we tend to not look elsewhere.

Spring

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 07:16:14 PM »
Irish - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you have your surgery next week.  I hope the fusion will help you feel better.

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 11:26:39 PM »
irish, you are in my thoughts and prayers on your surgery. I hope it goes well, and brings you relief.

Hugs,
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane, Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventil.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 08:26:48 PM »
I have called around and found a place of post op rehab and after care. I am betting that I won't be able to go home alone. I have gotten weaker and have lost strength in my arms and hands. It even hurts to keyboard on tips of fingers. My son where I am staying now has been taking me to doctor and will take me to surg and pick me up and take me to the facility about 5 miles from him. They both work so I would not do well there.

The son back home went in hospital 10/28 and now 30 pounds less and one surgery later is supposed to go home tomorrow. He has been extremely sick and is lucky to be alive. More surgery coming up for him. His wife doesn't need me on her hands, The other son has health issues and isn't up to dealing with me at this time either. So this is the way it will be. Planned ahead sort of cause I knew I would not dare be alone for awhile.

Boy, life changes on a dime when you age and lose a spouse. l Have to role with the dice as they say. Have a good Thanksgiving people. Irish

Jenny

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 04:01:38 AM »
I?m so sorry to hear this Irish. I pray for a quick recovery for you and no more neck pain.
60 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Secondary Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Plaqenil, Vimovo, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015. Need knee replaced.
4hand surgeries,

Deb 27

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 05:41:58 PM »
Best of luck to you with your surgery Irish! I hope you get some relief!!
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »
Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes. I have to say that I am not without having nervous thoughts about this surgery. It is a hard surgery and my ages is of concern. I have to say that no doc has said anything about my age. I can't go without this surgery though cause I can't live like this so have to just forge ahead. Don't we all wonder what living a few days of life without having to forge ahead in spite of it all would be like.
Have as good weekend. It is beautiful out. Irish

angeldancer

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 02:11:48 AM »
Praying for a speedy recovery for you.  I hope this is another great step for your pain to be alleviated.  You have been through enough.  Warm thoughts your way.

Angeldancer
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

JoannaP79

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 12:54:51 PM »
Hi Irish, good luck with it all. I have been told I have significant instability throughout cervical spine with herniations and c2 slipping against spinal cord on movement. I have significant symptoms now. In this wonderful country I live in no one will touch me because I also have eds. I have been fobbed off again and again and a large proportion of us who have this and also EDS are forced to go abroad and pay for surgery.
I am so disillusioned by this country. Not only do they neglect those of us with horrific neuro manifestations of seroneg sjogrens they won't get involved with this either.
Hope you get some resolution of your symptoms and feel better with the fusion!

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 01:50:01 PM »
Good luck Irish! Glad you hve your rehab sorted out. Hope the whole thing results in less pain and you get some strength back!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

SjoGirl

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 03:31:29 PM »
Irish I hope the surgery goes well and brings you some welcome relief.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
Irish,
My thoughts and prayers are with you for an easy, successful surgery and recovery.  I'm sending a big gentle hug, too.
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time