Author Topic: Skin healing  (Read 171 times)

Sharon

Skin healing
« on: November 13, 2017, 11:36:25 AM »
Ever since the SJS began my skin has not been healing well from cuts and wounds
and any healing at all is very slow.
I now have a small wound on my face and would appreciate any suggestions to aid it in
healing and not leaving a scar.
THANKS!
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Skin healing
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 02:48:45 PM »
Have you been checked for Diabetes?

All the scars that I should have had when I was younger have started to show themselves over the past 10 years. Currently it is a peak-a-boo based on hydration.

I used to be able to count the days to healing. Now I count months if I remember.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Sharon

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 03:39:43 PM »
Joe- I have been tested many times for diabetes over the years
and thankfully I don't seem to have it. 
It's definitely something to do with the SJS.
I also bruise really easily since this began.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:18:09 PM »
If you are thinking that you don't  need a doctors visit for this, talk to the dentist about the clear bandages that are to be left on for several days. The old ones years ago were called OpSite. The theory is to clean up the would well with hydrogen peroxide or something that isn't to invasive but yet cleans well. Apply the dressing and watch it over the couple of days.

The drainage that collects is the drainage that occurs with healing. If it looks green, infected, etc you can  see this. The pharmacist will explain it to you. There might be some videos on line that explain it also. This is what I use on all my skin tears and it works well. Hospitals use bigger and smaller versions of this dressing also. Good luck. Irish

Maria3667

• Good advice is one thing, applying it another
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 01:14:23 PM »
Yes I second that. A quetip drenched in some peroxide speeds up the healing process. You could also try a zinc supplement, preferably a lozenge as it's absorbed directly into the bloodstream by the mucous membranes and thus bypasses the liver.
49, F. Lyme's (1998), Sjogren's (2003), hypothyroidism (2004), osteoarthritis (2016), DES-daughter, GAD. Pilocarpine, natural thyroid hormones, 25mg quetiapine, low dose testosterone, 2.5 mg dhea, supplements. Endometriosis, cherry angiomas, macules. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

Sharon

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 01:48:57 PM »
Thanks irish and Maria,
so far it has developed a crust and does not seem infected.
Now to hope it doesn't leave a scar...

Maria3667

• Good advice is one thing, applying it another
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:12:04 PM »
Hi Sharon,

Could the Orencia have a negative impact on the healing process as it surpresses the immune system? The prescription leaflet also mentions developing red eye as a side effect.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:15:20 PM by Maria3667 »
49, F. Lyme's (1998), Sjogren's (2003), hypothyroidism (2004), osteoarthritis (2016), DES-daughter, GAD. Pilocarpine, natural thyroid hormones, 25mg quetiapine, low dose testosterone, 2.5 mg dhea, supplements. Endometriosis, cherry angiomas, macules. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 04:30:16 AM »
I have minor lesions almost constantly, and they take forever to heal, but the odd thing to me is that once healed, they will reoccur months, even a year, later, in exactly the same spot and I start all over again. Had one spot biopsied years ago, it showed chronic inflammatory changes but no pathogenic growth, basically broken down from inflammation with no infection.

I generally treat them with a blend of coconut and hemp oil, but if they don't seem to respond to that, my dermo makes me a compound with steroid, antibiotic, dimethicone, and various soothing creams and vitamin oils she prefers. That will sometimes clear it in a matter of days, more often I alternate the treatments for weeks and suddenly, one day, they clear up very quickly!

Just a note of clarification, just because a medication (like the zinc losenges) is taken sublingually and absorbed directly, that doesn't mean it bypasses the liver. The liver is one of the last organs in the detoxification chain and all substances in the blood stream pass through it at some point, although not all are metabolized there; some are processed in the kidneys. A sublingual administration bypasses the digestive system, to avoid breakdown by gastric secretions or avoid areas of mal-absorption in the stomach or intestinal mucosa.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Sharon

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 06:24:27 PM »
Maria- it could but I have had this and the red eyes even before the Orencia.

Linda- the hemp oil is an interesting idea. I've read CBD oil really helps some people but I don't have access to that.