Author Topic: New mid back pain for >3 weeks - Sjogren's?  (Read 99 times)

DP

New mid back pain for >3 weeks - Sjogren's?
« on: November 12, 2017, 10:52:52 AM »
I am on my fourth week of mid back pain with no relief from ice, heat, NSAIDs, chiropractoric adjustments or physical therapy.

My primary doctor took an x-ray to rule out a spinal compression fracture.

The pain is around my T4 vertebrae and it causes severe muscle spasms and crawling pain under my left scapula.

Could this be related to Sjogren's? I have had no recent changes in habits, workspace or exercising that could've contributed.

The only thing that brings a little relief is a posture back brace - ugly & uncomfortable but it brings the pain down from a 6 out of 10 to a 4.

Has anyone else had this? I have added gabapentin to my regimen a while back and it helps me with nerve pain so I can sleep at night.

Dawn P.
Living with primary Sjogren's since 2015, SSB-positive, overactive bladder, insomnia. Currently taking Plaquenil, Xiidra eye drops, Detrol LA, Lodine, Tramadol 3x week, Temazepam to sleep, ubiquinol (coenzyme Q), Omega 3 fish oils, Vitamin D, calcium, magnesium & zinc.

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: New mid back pain for >3 weeks - Sjogren's?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:15:10 PM »
My advice is to see an neurologist who can follow up on nerve issues. I just did a lot of research on spine and nerve issues and did come across info about some type of nerve compression that causes pas in under the shoulder blade. I would investigate this more before you could get in trouble. I wish I had paid more attention to things. I just assumed a lot of stuff was autoimmune and here it was my spine!!! Irish