Author Topic: non-drying blood pressure medication..my health dramas continue!!! help  (Read 265 times)

gurs

If you have seen my past posts, you have seen the torment I have gone through...it gets worse. Still not feeling good, went to the ER last friday because I was having different kinds of headaches. I thought maybe a viral thing. Anyways, had to have MRI/MRA and stayed the night hoping to be released in the morning, only to find out I had a stroke (TIA). I was kinda shocked. They admitted me and that was an experienced I will never forget. They tested me for 4 days for everything, and could not find the source, only high BP. Since I have had the autonomic dysfunction and it changes, it must have been high after I hurt my spine/hip and I went into a manic state. My adrenals are probably to blame. Anyways they put me on 2.5 mg of norvasc, and it did nothing but dry me out..oh my gosh!!! BP would never budge, probably because I didnt sleep in 4 days and they wouldnt let me take anything, not even motrin. I decided if I stayed, I would never have
left, but just getting sicker. I kept explaining my health issues, and they thought I was nuts. Now, I started to take the 5mg of norvasc and my eyes are killing me. My heart rate is increasing..oh my gosh!!! Anyways, the story goes on but Im exhausted. I know I will probably have to change BP medications, and they think I have some adrenal issue and with my potassium/sodium inbalance and autonomic issues. oh, by the way...they have the Sjogrens SSA/SSB test and the ranges were 0.0-99.9 AU, my SSA was 423, and SSB was 324. all inflammatory markers are fine, but funny every time they have checked my ANA in the last 2 weeks, it changes. Now, its 1:160 speckled? I dont trust any of these autoimmune tests!

What do you guys find good for BP?  thanks!
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: non-drying blood pressure medication..my health dramas continue!!! help
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:40:01 PM »
The blood work of autoimmune tests will change day to day just like our other blood work.This is the way our bodies are. Even the amount of fluids we drink will affect the numbers in all of our blood work. I have to admit that in the many years on this site I have never heard anyone complain of getting dried out from their blood pressure pill. You should ask them for a different medication if your pressure is not comin down. It can take a while to find the right med. Hope you get this all figured out and start to feel better.

I am also wondering if you could have had early sjogrens prior to getting the salivary gland infection. People without sjogrens don't have a high incidence of salivary gland infections but people with sjogrens are much more prone to have them. Good luck Irish

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:48:59 PM by irish »

gurs

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 08:27:15 AM »
I didnt have a savilary gland infection? anyways, I stopped the BP pill last week and my blood pressure still fine/normal. i saw my cardio doc a few days ago and it was 120/80?? he thinks its my Autoimmune autonomic dysfunction playing a huge part. He said its almost impossible to figure out the cause. I Look like walking death....Being in the hospital was the worst for me. The dryness that I had, along with the Norvasic, caused me to have major sinus infection, and thrush yeast everywhere. I have had this head pressure and full ears since I got home, and read it could be reaction to the Norvasc. Its horrible. My list goes on and on. Each doc doesnt know what to do with me and they keep telling me to see the other. Because my SS dryness, and my lack of any hormones...nothing..no estrogen, test, etc, this is what make me extra dry. Because of the POTS, and all the other lovely issues..its just been a nightmare. I go see a new Neuro in a week. I think a migraine preventative is my key....I give up. No one understands how Bad Sjogrens can be....
I just got some more labs from the hospital and my ANA tier was 1:320 speckled...funny how they change from lab to lab..disgusting!!!!

the rheumy there said Sjogrens flaring big time???? who the heck knows..

52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:38:50 PM »
I can take only so much blood pressure medicine.  I was taking 50 mgs Metroprol and 5 mgs of Amolopine and that was just right.  No excessive dryness for my eyes.  The upped my Metroprol to 75 mgs and boy did my eyes get dry.  They hurt and the whites were red and the lids both bottom and top were red and sore.  I went back to taking 50 mgs and the dryness went away.  A lot of medicines do the same thing to me such as Nexium and Bactrim.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:39:56 AM »
Gurs,

So sorry to hear about the continuing nightmare. I have been on Irbesartan (Ir-buh-sartan) for years without any problems. I don't think it dries me out any worse than anything else.

Hope you get some better solutions soon.

Take Care.
SjoDry
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;