Author Topic: Holiday Open House Help  (Read 128 times)

Nomad

Holiday Open House Help
« on: October 24, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »
Help needed!
I am planning a Holiday Open House early Dec.
Fairly sure I've lost my mind.
We moved to new house and new city this summer
It was crazy tiring.
I'm starting to feel better.
The party will be in the afternoon.
I'm inviting the new neighbors, new acquaintances and a few old friends.
If you've been to one of these, can you tell me what sticks out in your mind as very positive or very negative?
Do you have an ultra good holiday recipe that you do t mind sharing?
Do you have a favorite website that I should go to for recipes, invitations or decorations?
Thank you!!!!  :)
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Holiday Open House Help
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 05:30:42 AM »
Our parties are getting smaller. There was a time we had 30 to 50 people over for a party. Clean Kitchen and Bath were important as they were heavily used. We kept most of the party to the back yard. Tables, Chairs, Grill and food line. We made them pot lucks where everybody brought something to share to cut down on the food prep. (Usually, bring your own meat to grill and something to share.)

Jan's simple deviled eggs are always a hit. She purchases hard boiled eggs, cuts them in half, runs the yokes and mayo and mustard in the blender/food processor, then puts that mix into the egg shells with a cookie press or by a small cut in a plastic bag filled with the mix. She has an egg tray that has a cold base to keep the eggs safe for a couple of hours. Last weekend she did this for about 200 people.

Since we were hosting a party at a convention, she also made a large German Chocolate Cake with coconut pecan frosting and mini sloppy Joes. We purchased 2 vegi trays and a couple of 50 count boxes of individual chip bags. She had spoons and tongs for everything (part of her state certified food safety course).

Another time she was serving 100-200 it was blue vein deviled dragon eggs and dragon stir-fry (theme party). The vegi pack was purchased frozen and she pre-cut the chicken breast a couple of days before the event. Everything was kept cold/frozen until needed.

I hope these tips help. Have a great time at your party and do not over work yourself.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Nomad

Re: Holiday Open House Help
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 07:41:23 PM »
Thank you, Joe! Great advice/help!
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.