Author Topic: hypnosis  (Read 318 times)

Puzzled

hypnosis
« on: September 30, 2017, 03:54:57 PM »
Has anyone used hypnosis for pain and did it work?  I know nothing about hypnosis and seem to be able to find all sorts of conflicting information on the intranet.

If you were to use it for pain, is hypnosis something that you can limit to just pain and not turn into a session where you have someone ask questions you don't wish?

I can not tell exactly what hypnosis can and can not do and how much control you really have.

Thanks

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: hypnosis
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 05:40:35 PM »
My simple meditation uses self hypnosis. There are some self hypnosis programs that are typical on my chakraforce.com website. During my "I am, calm" meditation, I ask you to close your eyes and look to the top of your forehead you are putting yourself into a self hypnosis state. The aphorism "I am calm" is highly effective against pain and anxiety.

My daughter uses brain entrainment on her meditation CD's. This is another method that can be used for a number of things including self hypnosis. She is using to help people relax. Her meditations are long like yoga meditations. Mine are short. I prefer people doing their own aphorisms as they are under total control.

During the Montauk project the ___ used a combination of brain entrainment and other techniques to use my mind for other things.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

bloodless

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:28:59 AM »
Being calm is always good for the body, but remember pain it your body's way of telling you something is wrong. The pain you feel is due to inflammation. Control the inflammation and you control the pain. Make sure your doc knows your in pain.
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 08:33:25 AM »
Puzzled,

I do. I have not gone to a professional however. I enjoy using free YouTube Hypnosis videos online.
They are very relaxing & they have them for all sort of topics.

One person whose tapes/voice I like is: Michael Sealey.

I just use headphones, put on my blackout mask & lay on my bed. I don't know that the effects are long-lasting, but it is enjoyable & relaxing. You might wish to try this & if you think it works, then go to a professional in your local area.

Take Care.
SjoDry
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

Judie P

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 04:17:16 PM »
Dear Puzzled,

I am a certified Hypnotherapist.  There is a program for just pain.  In order for it to work, you must trust the hypnotherapist.  You do all the work, she/he just guides you there.  If done right, you can use a color, number, or image to reduce your pain whenever you need to.  Smama.
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

Deb 27

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 12:35:50 AM »
Yes, hypnosis works for me!! I had a friend/colleague where I used to live and had to go in for surgery. She offered to do some hypnosis for me and I was not anxious at all !!!! I was mostly worried about the anxiety and high BP that results pre-surgery. Worked like a charm for me! It was so relaxing...... I would give it a try for anything, especially pain management.

I didn't know you did hypnosis s-mama!! How wonderful!!!!
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »
I was to a licensed psychotherapist about 40 years ago and he taught me self hypnosis. I can't tell you how many times I have used it. You are taught the breathing and how to go to a wonderful place in your mind and concentrate only on that. That is the simple form... What it amounts to is discipline to teach your mind where to go and what it is to do to ignore what is bugging you.

I used it for years when I had all that painful dental work done and also for many other medical procedures done while awake but under local anesthesia that still hurts. It comes in handy for extreme stress and can be done in a crowd without falling asleep.

The breathing works so well. Sometimes I am so stressed out and short of breath when I get to the doctors office after rushing so much. First thing they do is take the blood pressure and my jeans are so tight I can't breathe when I sit down. Using the breathing technique and closing my eyes I can drop my bp in a few seconds. You can feel your tension leave and you blood pressure go down. So I say learn the simple self hypnosis that helps make life easier. Good luck. Irish

Don't be afraid of it cause the breathing reminds me of when I worked with patients in labor and delivery.  ;D