Author Topic: Creatine Supplementation?  (Read 186 times)

helloz

Creatine Supplementation?
« on: August 11, 2017, 11:00:12 AM »
I used to take a workout supplement that has arginine and creatine, plus a bunch of other things.  Looking back on that year I took that supplement, I think I only got 1 or 2 sinus infections which is very low for me.

Fast forward 5 years to the present day, and I've taken the supplement a few times over the last couple of months.  Since I've only taken it a few times, I cannot say anything conclusively but it seems the moisture in my mouth is better for a while after taking it.  Reading up online, it says creatine is known to increase total body water and water in muscles.

Definitely am not recommending anyone try it for these purposes, just wondering if anyone has read or heard anything about creatine or arginine being helpful for people with any sort of dryness issues?

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Creatine Supplementation?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »
Are these products high in protein??? Might be worth passing this to your doctor for input as protein can be damaging to kidneys. Just a thought. Good luck. Irish

helloz

Re: Creatine Supplementation?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 08:30:21 AM »
Hey Irish - No I don't see protein even listed as a nutritional fact on the label...but that is a good idea to look up the effects of the various ingredients on kidney function.