Author Topic: Weather taking a toll on us all.  (Read 256 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Weather taking a toll on us all.
« on: July 22, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »
I think the summer heat, humidity and rain/storms is taking a toll on us all. I am so lazy and just can't tolerate this heat and humidity. I am eating too much and not keeping many chores done up.

Anyone else turned into a "lazy bum" this summer. The weeds are getting high around here and I don't even have the energy to drive out and pick up grandson so he can weed. I would have to be in charge of the weeding and I don't have the energy for that even. I am always glad to see fall come. Irish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Weather taking a toll on us all.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 03:01:44 PM »
Severe weather rolled through Fargo last night ad my pain went nuts.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Carebear

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
We are experiencing terrible weather swings here on the Canadian prairies this year.  Thunderstorms, extreme wind storms, hail, cold, rainy, then heat.  It's been hard to live with, for sure.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 06:54:24 PM »
I wonder how many of us are affected by the changed in barometer. I ache bad also when the weather is changing and my asthma kicks up. Feel like I have a rope around my chest if I go outside and sometimes feel that way when I am in the air conditioning. It surely is weird weather pattern all over the USA. Irish

Carebear

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 09:27:25 PM »
Oh, and I forgot about the smoke blowing in from all the wildfires.  Makes just being outdoors difficult.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 07:51:53 AM »
Irish, I love it when you refer to your 'chores'.  My chores are: getting up, getting dressed, maybe doing some laundry, going to the doctor(s), getting undressed, going to bed.

I manage almost all of them every day!

What weather?  I'm inside all of the time, and with 3600 mg gabapentin I'm protected from the worst of the barometric changes, I think.

Hugs,  Elaine

Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Achalasia-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Cymbalta-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Fis

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 01:00:03 PM »
Caroline, You would think I am baling hay(have done that in another life) but, alas, it takes me 2 days to get the dishes from the sink to the dishwasher lately and washing clother doesn't take much time. I go to the doctor and hit a couple of stores and when I get home I am shot for 3 days.

It is almost shameful how little I do these days and how little shame I have. lol Irish

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 05:58:03 PM »
Oh dearest Irish.  Some where I have a memory of you stripping wall paper, or some such 'chore' when you move?  Am I wrong?  I just boggled my mind (what's left of it) whatever it was that you were doing.

Now I'm in bed.  By the way, my intertrigo is much better, and I feel so much better about having it now that I've had so many ideas from my Sjogren's Angels.

Hugs, Elaine

Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Achalasia-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Cymbalta-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Fis

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 01:21:23 PM »
Has anyone heard from Caroline???? It has been 4 days since she has posted as far as I can see. She has been feeling lousy so I am concerned. Also, she may be ono a trip. I can't keep up with her. Thanks. Irish