Author Topic: medications  (Read 262 times)

Puzzled

medications
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:14:55 PM »
Is there a way to determine if a pharmaceutical company is a good one?  One that you will have the ingredients it says are in it's product so you don't wind up with an ingredient you are allergic to?

Thank you

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: medications
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:12:38 AM »
Ask your pharmacist. There are lists of medications with the ingredients that are put together for pharmacies and other medical people who need them. These books should be trustworthy and you could have your pharmacist check ingredients and let your know.

It is occasions like these that make known the necessity for a pharmacy and pharmacist that you develop a relationship with and can trust. It does help to let the pharmacist know that you suffer from autoimmune issues and that medications can really affect you adversely at times. Hope this helps. Good luck. Irish

Puzzled

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 01:46:00 AM »
Thank you Irish,

I actually rely on my pharmacist a lot.  He knows the quirky drug fillers that will not allow me to take certain drugs and so on.  He just can not seem to find this one pharmacy to get any information on it.  Hopefully he will find the information soon.  Some pharmacists won't take time for you but I was very lucky.  I think if I were him I would hide if I saw me coming!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 10:19:12 AM »
Have you googled this pharmaceutical company?? Many of the companies are not in this country. Try searching England, France, Pakistan, Germany, etc. I used to get some of my drugs from out of country  pharmacy and those drugs were all made in other countered I Europe and Far East. The interesting thing was that these pharmaceutical companies are the same ones that Walgreens and Walmart get their drugs. good luck. Irish